Xwindows for AIX CDE (Reflexion ???)

Post by Jesper Thorsage » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Im looking for a Xclient that will transmit the entire CDE from a AIX
machine.
I've heard the name Reflexion (or Reflextion) mentioned, but hav'nt been
able to find any information about it.
If you could provide me with any information (company name or HTTP
adress) or comments please mail me.

Thanks in advance
Jesper Thorsager

Post by Alan Donova » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Im looking for a Xclient that will transmit the entire CDE from a
> AIX machine. I've heard the name Reflexion (or Reflextion)
> mentioned, but hav'nt been able to find any information about it.

Reflection is an X server for a PC.  That means it serves out the
display (screen, mouse, kbd, etc) to applications that want to use
them.  CDE is a client, running on an AIX machine.  Any old X server
should be adequate to use it remotely; you could try Reflection or
Exceed for Windows, or XFree86 (a free X server for UNIX or OS/2 on
Intel PCs).

hope this helps,

alan

 Alan Donovan, FORE Audio & Video, 14 Regent Street, Cambridge CB2 1DB

Xwindows for AIX CDE (Reflexion ???)

Post by Hal Princ » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Reflection is a product from WRQ, Inc.

http://www.wrq.com

Hope this helps!

Hal

> Im looking for a Xclient that will transmit the entire CDE from a AIX
> machine.
> I've heard the name Reflexion (or Reflextion) mentioned, but hav'nt been
> able to find any information about it.
> If you could provide me with any information (company name or HTTP
> adress) or comments please mail me.

> Thanks in advance
> Jesper Thorsager

Xwindows for AIX CDE (Reflexion ???)

Post by Tim O'She » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Frgive my ignorance, but do I need to run any additional software
on the RS6000 to allow an X server to run the CDE apps?

We have no graphics display on our J30, but I would like to use
my PC to run the GUI apps such as VSM, etc.
What settings/configuration do I need to achieve this??
All my experience up to now has been with charcter terminals.

--
The views are mine and not my companies etc. etc. etc.

1. Xwindows for AIX CDE (Reflexion ???)

Im looking for a Xclient that will transmit the entire CDE from a AIX
machine.
I've heard the name Reflexion (or Reflextion) mentioned, but hav'nt been
able to find any information about it.
If you could provide me with any information (company name or HTTP
adress) or comments please mail me.

Thanks in advance
Jesper Thorsager

2. Solaris 10 - Zones & Self Healing.

3. XWindows for AIX CDE

4. tl_open fails, No such device

5. CDE on pc with Reflections?

6. How to set Swing CLASSPATH?

7. CDE errors using Reflection on PC

8. TEST

9. Reflection X problems on newer CDE

10. Working on AIX trhough a PC and Reflection emulator

11. AIX Xwindow -> Linux Xwindow

12. AIX CDE <-> Sun CDE Display export - font too big?

13. CDE, CDE, CDE, --- !@#%^*_(!#$