1. Gathering Solaris configuration info.
Keywords: configuration, utility, snap.
I have recently inherited support for dozens Sun SPARC (and HP-9000)
servers. I would like to quickly log to each system, and run a canned
set of commands to obtain key configuration information, such as the
items I describe below.
I can string together the necessary Solaris specific commands to
get the info, but would like to know if there is a single command
(or two), that invokes a script (presumably) to capture all of the
data. If you are familiar with the RS/6000 (AIX) environment, the
"snap" script gathers such information by invoking the necessary AIX
commands and placing the output in a file, or removable media
(a.k.a. "tape"). BTW, most systems are at Solaris 2.4 or greater,
but if such a tool is available for SunOS as well (4.1.4), so much the better.
Here is the basic config info I would to gather with a simple HP-UX
- installed system configuration, including RAM
memory, cards, disks, other peripherals, etc.
- The boot disk(s) configuration.
- The kernel config parameters.
- system software levels.
- gather logs of operational diagnostics, such
as recent recoverable read/write errors
- configuration of the disks, from physical volumes
to disk partitions, configuartion of disk managers such
as Disk Suite or VxVM (if used), space used within the
file systems, etc.
- a recursive "ls -lR /" to obtain a directory list
of the complete file system.
- the "inittab", and active "cron" lists, (the /etc/rc.* files), etc.
- the network configuration, and "netstat" command output.
- presence of other (non-TCP) protocols configured.
- process status, showing currently running dameons.
- configurations for NFS, DNS ("named or "/etc/resolv.conf"),
and other pertinent "/etc" config files.
- system performance and capacity information -- current or
historical if SAR or performance collector tools are active.
Thanks for your time,
JimV (keeping my fingers crossed).
2. partition blues
3. Gathering input in Shell Scripts
4. Newbie: Apache 1.3.6 not installing itself
5. Gathering information from hosts with scripting.
6. Xfile,m manager
7. System Configuration Script
8. Announcing XBill 1.1
9. System configuration script?
10. Systems Administration and Security Gathering
11. How to gather system info on Tru64?
12. Free software for gathering system info?
13. Is there an API for gathering system statistics?