Slow ANSI Screenbuilds on Niakwa

Post by Stim » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Since I upgraded from AIX 4.1.5.0 to 4.3.2.0
the screens in my application compiled with Niakwa seem to build up
very slow.. It all runs on a IBM 7013-J40. I have about 50% idletime
on system recources.
Does anybody have an idea how I can speed things up..

Many thanks in advance,

Reinier Bouma

Slow ANSI Screenbuilds on Niakwa

Post by hacke.. » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I seem to recall hearing about a patch for 4.3 regarding tty's.  You may
want to install the latest 4.3 patches and that might help.  I think the
filesets were bos.rte.tty and devices.rte.tty so you may want to note
the level those filesets are at and perhaps selectively update them to
the latest/greatest.

You may also want to reconfigure the tty SPEED associated with the
terminal.  This can easily be done through smitty devices change tty
configuration..You may need to "pdisable ttyX" make your change via
smitty, and then "penable ttyX".  You need to check the manual for your
TERMINAL SETUP to match the speed of your new tty configuration.  If
there is a mismatch between terminal speed and tty, you usually get a
bunch of garbage on the terminal.  To get into the setup of your
terminal usually requires you to hit a few keys simultaneously..example
might be CTRL-ALT-SETUP or some such combination...HTH , Doug

Quote:> Since I upgraded from AIX 4.1.5.0 to 4.3.2.0
> the screens in my application compiled with Niakwa seem to build up
> very slow.. It all runs on a IBM 7013-J40. I have about 50% idletime
> on system recources.
> Does anybody have an idea how I can speed things up..

> Many thanks in advance,

> Reinier Bouma

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.