Dials and Windows - Molecular Modeling Analysis Program

Dials and Windows - Molecular Modeling Analysis Program

Post by gravishan.. » Fri, 04 Jan 1991 12:04:32

Hi

We, at Wesleyan, have developed a software called "Dials and Windows", which is
a very useful graphical tool for analyzing the huge amount of data produced by
typical molecular modelling of nucleic acids and proteins. This program is a
graphical interface to "Curves" algorithm developed by Richard Lavery and Heinz
Sklenar to study irregular nucleic acid and proteins. "Dials and Windows" runs
currently on a wide variety of graphics plateforms and can analyze data from
the most common molecular modelling software. We are getting ready to
distribute it to the educational institutions and if anyone is interested in
knowing more about this, please let me know by sending e-mail to me:

There will be some paperwork required (license as well as information to keep
on our file for future updates) before receiving the software and we do charge
a small fee, mainly to cover the cost of media and documentation. Currently,
the program runs under VAX/VMS, Unix System V.x and AIX V3.x. The graphical
interface requires VAX/GKS, Silicon Graphics GL or Postscript printers (or
interpreters). We provide our own Postscript drivers, so if the user wishes to
use only the Postscript graphics, the GKS and GL are not required.

G. Ravishanker

1. RasMol Molecular Graphics program

Hi,

I have been trying to compile a molecular simulation and visualisation
program
called  RasMol  unsuccessfully for the last few days!! I keep getting
stuck with
structure mismatches, undeclared variables, termios problems and whole
heaps of stuff.

Has anybody had any success compiling this beast on Linux 2.0 ??

I run RedHat 5.0 with kernel 2.0.32 and X11R6 v3.3.1 (I think, - it's
what came
with RH 5.0 anyways).

The publicity on the RasMol home page says it's easy to install and
lists linux as
a known platform. Not my experience at all, the source code is terribly
convoluted (like
my own !) and very hard to follow.

Any pointers/tips much appreciated.

Does anyone have an rpm ?  (AS IF!)

Later,

Stuart Lunt

--
ISA, University of Aarhus        phone:  +45 89 42 37 38
Ny Munkegade                     fax:    +45 86 12 07 40

Danmark

2. Hitachi Double Speed CD-ROM Drive

3. get unix x-windows program to start microsoft windows program

4. How to get milliseconds?

5. Is there a program similar to Windows Dial-up Networking for Linux?

6. Is it possible to use Adeptec 1542B with a PCI based Pentium?

7. dialing program; modem receives dialstring but doesn't dial?

8. weird setup problems

9. Dial-up / Dial-In Linux Server to Windows Network for Mobile Users

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Molecular editor under linux or linuxPPC?

12. dial in problem (probably modem - Zoom model 2836)

13. Dos Programs for Drive Analysis; Interpreting conflicting bios info