Is Aixwindows 1.2.3 (extended 3.2.3) is X11.5?

Is Aixwindows 1.2.3 (extended 3.2.3) is X11.5?

Post by PROF. A.S. UMAR, (6 » Fri, 08 Jan 1993 11:05:00

I have just received the extnded upgrades to aix 3.2.3. I already have
all the non x-window stuff installed earlier.

What is the new aixwindows upgrade? How smooth a change is it? The
upgrade documentation that I received does not say a word about X11.5
but just upgrade of Aixwindows 1.2.3! Does this also upgrade Motif?

Can I presume that stuff which I ported to aix like ghostscript, xdvi,
xrn, xmailtool will all function properly? I am already worried because
there is a statment warning that new X libraries being more rigid! Also,
some of the Xamples available before will be missing.

Than, how about xdm? Initial announcement made a big deal about xdm
being in this upgrade. There is no info in the upgrade manual.

If you installed this package could you send me the /usr/lpp/X11/README
file.

Thanks,

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. Damaged System Library Setup

3. Netscape/Mozilla crashes X server with signal 11

5. Setting timers in shell modules?

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. Whats the best Linux today?

11. I am si**y am I?

12. XStation 120 - AIXWindows vs. real X11 - Obstracle