Makemap

Post by Logan Raaru » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:41:35

Hello,
I want to use virtualhostin in my sendmail.
I've been following the guide on
http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html , but makemap doesn't come with
AIX! Can someone tell me where to find a makemap source/binary?

Thanks!

Makemap

Post by Alex Robinso » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:12:54

Logan,

$ which_fileset makemap
/usr/sbin/makemap                       bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.0

Regards,
Alex Robinson

Quote:> Hello,
> I want to use virtualhostin in my sendmail.
> I've been following the guide on
> http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html , but makemap doesn't come
with
> AIX! Can someone tell me where to find a makemap source/binary?

> Thanks!

Makemap

Post by Bela Gazd » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:59:20

LR> I want to use virtualhostin in my sendmail.
LR> I've been following the guide on
LR> http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html , but makemap doesn't come with
LR> AIX! Can someone tell me where to find a makemap source/binary?

IY12548 - (AIX43 only) Add makemap command to sendmail

Download it using 'fixdist' or from
http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/fixdb.html,
or (if you have Support Line Contract) order it on CD.

--
Bela Gazdy, EUCLID Systems Support, AND | He who shook his family tree,...
Curmudgeon of Academic Services at ITD. | ...and a bunch of nuts fell out.

Makemap

Post by Logan Raaru » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:35:55

Thanks for replying!
I've installed fixdist, but when I try to install the fix, there's an error:
DB Error: 1 : Member not found in PTF-PERES set.
What's the problem?

Best Regards
Logan Raarup

Post by Bela Gazd » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:49:29

LR> Thanks for replying!
LR> I've installed fixdist, but when I try to install the fix, there's an error:
LR> DB Error: 1 : Member not found in PTF-PERES set.
LR> What's the problem?

LR> Best Regards
LR> Logan Raarup

Quote:

>> IY12548 - (AIX43 only) Add makemap command to sendmail

>> Download it using 'fixdist' or from
>> http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/fixdb.html,
>> or (if you have Support Line Contract) order it on CD.

Logan,

That error message is not familiar to me.

What is your AIX Maintenance Level (ML)? That fix was already included
in ML05.

I have looked at the prerequisites, and that set is huge. I would rather
recommend to get the latest ML08, or at least ML06, which is fairly stable,
and be done with it.

Good luck,      -Bela

--
Bela Gazdy, EUCLID Systems Support, AND | He who shook his family tree,...
Curmudgeon of Academic Services at ITD. | ...and a bunch of nuts fell out.

Makemap

Post by Logan Raaru » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:38:49

I used fixdist in motif mode (via. telnet), and got the error message... But
when i started X and used fixdist, there was no problems :)
Thanks, Logan Raarup.

> LR> Thanks for replying!
> LR> I've installed fixdist, but when I try to install the fix, there's an
error:
> LR> DB Error: 1 : Member not found in PTF-PERES set.
> LR> What's the problem?

> LR> Best Regards
> LR> Logan Raarup

> >> IY12548 - (AIX43 only) Add makemap command to sendmail

> >> Download it using 'fixdist' or from
> >> http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/fixdb.html,
> >> or (if you have Support Line Contract) order it on CD.

> Logan,

> That error message is not familiar to me.

> What is your AIX Maintenance Level (ML)? That fix was already included
> in ML05.

> I have looked at the prerequisites, and that set is huge. I would rather
> recommend to get the latest ML08, or at least ML06, which is fairly
stable,
> and be done with it.

> Good luck, -Bela

> --
> Bela Gazdy, EUCLID Systems Support, AND | He who shook his family tree,...
> Curmudgeon of Academic Services at ITD. | ...and a bunch of nuts fell out.

1. makemap dbm for Virtual Hosting with sendmail

Hopefully this is a simple question!

I'm trying to create a virtual hosts table in /etc with the following
command:

'makemap dbm /etc/virtusertable < sourcefile'

and I get this error message:

Type dbm not supported in this version

(The command comes from the instructions on how to set up virtual
hosting for sendmail from www.sendmail.com)

Can anyone tell me how to create this table, or how to get 'type dbm' to
be supported in this version of 'makemap'.

I'm running Linux Manhattan 5.1, kernel 2.0.34
Sendmail is 8.9.1.

Thanks.

Bob

Computing & Communications Services
University of Guelph

2. freebsd + ip aliasing problem

3. makemap

4. IP forwarding and Solaris 2.5.1 ppp

5. ? for FAQ -- how to make Kmbt, makemap, sendmail.8.7.3 working on solaris ?

6. routing over ippp0

7. sendmail in/out-mapping - makemap defect?

8. questions on handler driver in GPIB (HP SICL)

9. Problems compiling 'makemap' under Solaris 2.5.1

10. MakeMap problem for hosting domains

11. makemap binary ???

12. makemap hash problem

13. Sendmail 8.6.12,makemap,Solaris 2.3,remaping Names HELP