unable to dlopen libjava.a

Post by mark_harrison.. » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to use JNI to call some Java classes. The C++ code is
compiled as a shared object and called from Netscape Ent Server 3.6.
We have JDK1.2.2 with recent patches applied on AIX 4.3.

The initialise function called by netscape is called correctly, and
the code calls javaCreateVirtualMachine but fails, I get the error
message from Netscape:Unable to dlopen libjava.a

We're at a bit of a loss as to why libjava.a is being called by
dlopen(), but nonetheless have tried a number of things in an attempt
to point the linker/loader at the right files: we've been through a
series of changes to ensure that both LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
contain /usr/java_dev2/jre/bin, and are also passing a
-Djava.library.path=/usr/java_dev2/jre/bin argument to theCreateJavaVM
function.

None of this seems to have any effect. Can any one provide anypointers?
BTW we have an old C++ compiler - 3.6.6 and are using DCE threads for
various legacy reasons.

Thanks for your help

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

unable to dlopen libjava.a

Post by Hartwig Bol » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi Mark,

can you compile an d execute a simple helloworld Java program with
your 1.2.2 environment ?

I read the installation instructions for 1.2.2 just this morning, and
there they emphasize to call

/usr/java_dev2/rte/sh/java which is a wrapper script ,

don't use /usr/java_dev2/rte/bin/java, then you get the problem !

regards,
Hartwig

Quote:>I am trying to use JNI to call some Java classes. The C++ code is
>compiled as a shared object and called from Netscape Ent Server 3.6.
>We have JDK1.2.2 with recent patches applied on AIX 4.3.

>The initialise function called by netscape is called correctly, and
>the code calls javaCreateVirtualMachine but fails, I get the error
>message from Netscape:Unable to dlopen libjava.a

>We're at a bit of a loss as to why libjava.a is being called by
>dlopen(), but nonetheless have tried a number of things in an attempt
>to point the linker/loader at the right files: we've been through a
>series of changes to ensure that both LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>contain /usr/java_dev2/jre/bin, and are also passing a
>-Djava.library.path=/usr/java_dev2/jre/bin argument to theCreateJavaVM
>function.

>None of this seems to have any effect. Can any one provide anypointers?
>BTW we have an old C++ compiler - 3.6.6 and are using DCE threads for
>various legacy reasons.

>Thanks for your help

>Mark

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

unable to dlopen libjava.a

Post by Hartwig Bol » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Sorry,
it is /usr/java_dev2/jre/sh/java .

Hartwig

>Hi Mark,

>can you compile an d execute a simple helloworld Java program with
>your 1.2.2 environment ?

>I read the installation instructions for 1.2.2 just this morning, and
>there they emphasize to call

>/usr/java_dev2/rte/sh/java which is a wrapper script ,

>don't use /usr/java_dev2/rte/bin/java, then you get the problem !

>regards,
>Hartwig

>>I am trying to use JNI to call some Java classes. The C++ code is
>>compiled as a shared object and called from Netscape Ent Server 3.6.
>>We have JDK1.2.2 with recent patches applied on AIX 4.3.

>>The initialise function called by netscape is called correctly, and
>>the code calls javaCreateVirtualMachine but fails, I get the error
>>message from Netscape:Unable to dlopen libjava.a

>>We're at a bit of a loss as to why libjava.a is being called by
>>dlopen(), but nonetheless have tried a number of things in an attempt
>>to point the linker/loader at the right files: we've been through a
>>series of changes to ensure that both LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>contain /usr/java_dev2/jre/bin, and are also passing a
>>-Djava.library.path=/usr/java_dev2/jre/bin argument to theCreateJavaVM
>>function.

>>None of this seems to have any effect. Can any one provide anypointers?
>>BTW we have an old C++ compiler - 3.6.6 and are using DCE threads for
>>various legacy reasons.

>>Thanks for your help

>>Mark

>>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>Before you buy.

1. Unable to dlopen libjava.a: No such file or directory on AIX

Hello,

I'm trying to embed JVM in my application. The program is compiled and
linked without any problem.

During runtime when i try loading the libjvm.a and create the JVM, i get
this error.

Unable to dlopen libjava.a: No such file or directory
Cannot obtain system-specific information

Any suggestions welcome...

-ALTCC

2. intranet to internet

3. dlopen and libjava libjvm

4. Computer won't boot with LILO

5. Unable to dynamically access a function using dlopen

6. HP SureStore DAT40e on PC's/Sun's

7. Cannot find libjava.so when starting AIM!!!

8. Small problem with Gnome Panel.

9. Blackdown JDK 1.2: Can't find libjava.so

10. dynamic linker: svrmgrl: error opening libjava.so

11. AIM on linux cannot find libjava.so on start.

12. Cannot load libjava.so

13. Java libjava.so not found