LUM and hostname/ip address

Post by Jim Hage » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I am currently running LUM 4.0 and use C for AIX and XL Fortran. I need to
change the hostname and the IP address. Is there a way to do this and keep
my machine licensed?

Jim Hager

LUM and hostname/ip address

Post by Sergey Tantlevsk » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

The license was generated based on so-called target ID of RS/6000 (use uname
command to see your target ID).
Target ID is unique and do not depend on hostname or ip. If you have nodelock
license file - no problems.
If you use concurrent license or license server then the chances are you have
to re-configure LUM.

Regards,
Sergey