HACMP with shared disk as EMC

Post by Yeong Yoon Sa » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 00:48:04

Can i use EMC FC4500 as a shared disk at HACMP environment through
brocade fibre switch? Appreciate someone can reply me soon. Thanks.

HACMP with shared disk as EMC

Post by Joe Ryal » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:08:44

I don't see why not, we are going to be doing the same thing ery soon
albeit on a Hitachi 9960 array instead of EMC.

Joe

> Can i use EMC FC4500 as a shared disk at HACMP environment through
> brocade fibre switch? Appreciate someone can reply me soon. Thanks.

HACMP with shared disk as EMC

Post by Simon Marches » Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:14:41

I believe EMC support such a configuration - best ask them direct.

> Can i use EMC FC4500 as a shared disk at HACMP environment through
> brocade fibre switch? Appreciate someone can reply me soon. Thanks.

HACMP with shared disk as EMC

Post by newstes » Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:51:26

Maybe a problem with the brocade in the mix.  We are having problems with
our brocade and tape drives.  When there is a reboot of the system the
brocade will present the drives in no particular order to AIX.  When cfgmgr
runs on boot up and sees drives AIX thinks everything is find but in reality
they could be "electronically" switched like the cables are crossed.  This
is a real problem when running acsls and a robotic storage silo.  Most, if
not all software packages will use the logical devices to output to.  IBM is
working on this problem.

With disks I believe it's different.  The PID's are assigned to a certain
disk and with the ODM it should resolve. I said should resolve.  You could
get thing like missing disks because the PID's don't match the hdisk.  You
could rebuild but it's a hassle.  Until AIX binds the world wide address to
the logical device it will make using a brocade/san very hard to do.

If someone knows how to bind WWA to logical devices in AIX I would like to
know myself.

BTW everything we have run is fiber no bridges.  We do have multi nodes on
HACMP and EMC without the brocade switch that work great.

JB

Quote:> Can i use EMC FC4500 as a shared disk at HACMP environment through
> brocade fibre switch? Appreciate someone can reply me soon. Thanks.

HACMP with shared disk as EMC

Post by Alan Dod » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:27:19

I have certanly heard that it's been done before.

Quote:> Can i use EMC FC4500 as a shared disk at HACMP environment through
> brocade fibre switch? Appreciate someone can reply me soon. Thanks.

HACMP with shared disk as EMC

Post by Douglas R. Probs » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 10:59:36

We are on an EMC Fiber SAN with Connectrix switches, Using EMC Power Path
and Shared disks.  (boot is from SCSI EMC (No power path).  Everthing works
greate.  (800 Gig Oracle database).

Quote:> Can i use EMC FC4500 as a shared disk at HACMP environment through
> brocade fibre switch? Appreciate someone can reply me soon. Thanks.

1. HACMP with EMC disk

Hi

I will implement HACMP on 2 x S85 with EMC symmetrix disk. As I know, there
are need to install a program on AIX to recognise the EMC disk (change the
EMC disk to hdisk). Is there any cautious step to configure HACMP with EMC
symmetrix?

Moreover, are there need to configure anything for HACMP with Workload
Manager?

Pls give me some advice or idea in this field...

Thanks
Eric

2. problem with as86 while making zImage

3. HACMP, system crash when creating shared LV on shared disk

4. AIX 4.2.1 compatibility with WP 7.0 Office

5. NON-IP based Heatrbeat on hacmp with EMC

6. logging on the default policy

7. HACMP and EMC

8. Concurrent Groups

9. hacmp/disk sharing