Mixing c++ libs from different compilers

Mixing c++ libs from different compilers

Post by David R Clar » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We're using AIX 4.1.4. We have some shared libraries that
were built with AIX C++ 3.1.3.2. We are using C interfaces
to the libraries; that is, they have a C api.

We are using gnu gcc 2.8.1 as our compiler. While we can link
to the libraries, the C++ code they contain cores during object
creation in response to out first call.

Is there _any_ way to get this to work?

Thanks
-drc-

David R Clarke                  |  "Security for an OPEN World"
Product Development Group       |  For IT security solutions for
SAGUS Security Incorporated     |   the enterprise, visit
613-234-7300 Ext 237            |  http://www.sagus-security.com

Post by C.Seedor » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> We're using AIX 4.1.4. We have some shared libraries that
> were built with AIX C++ 3.1.3.2. We are using C interfaces
> to the libraries; that is, they have a C api.

> We are using gnu gcc 2.8.1 as our compiler. While we can link
> to the libraries, the C++ code they contain cores during object
> creation in response to out first call.

> Is there _any_ way to get this to work?

> Thanks
> -drc-

> David R Clarke                  |  "Security for an OPEN World"
> Product Development Group       |  For IT security solutions for
> SAGUS Security Incorporated     |   the enterprise, visit
> 613-234-7300 Ext 237            |  http://www.sagus-security.com

  Very difficult to say. We have a problem too with that things. So we
have gnu on 3.2.5 and the exe works on 4.1 4.2.
so now the origin compiler by IBM is not realy able to do the job down
to 3.2.
We have problems to install gnu on the 4.2 System so now we are using
the original! :-(
C.S.