/tmp/hacmp.out file

Post by Glen Harriso » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Is their an easy way to have HACMP do it's logging somewhere other than
/tmp. If so how do I set this up?

Thanks in Advance
Glen

/tmp/hacmp.out file

Post by Simon Marches » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

How about a creating a soft link from /tmp/hacmp.out to some other path?
For example, "mv /tmp/hacmp.out /var/hacmp.out; ln -s /var/hacmp.out
/tmp/hacmp.out".

> Is their an easy way to have HACMP do it's logging somewhere other than
> /tmp. If so how do I set this up?

> Thanks in Advance
> Glen

/tmp/hacmp.out file

Post by Matthew Land » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Creating a link could be dangerous.  HACMP automatically rotates the
hacmp.out files to hacmp.out.X where X is 1=7.  The link would be a
temporary work around only if at best.  I belive they were going to address
this issue in the latest level of HACMP.  I am not sure if it is there yet
or not.  I did not see a way to do it in the smit screens for HACMP 4.3.
> How about a creating a soft link from /tmp/hacmp.out to some other path?
> For example, "mv /tmp/hacmp.out /var/hacmp.out; ln -s /var/hacmp.out
> /tmp/hacmp.out".

> > Is their an easy way to have HACMP do it's logging somewhere other than
> > /tmp. If so how do I set this up?

> > Thanks in Advance
> > Glen

1. /tmp vs /usr/tmp vs /var/tmp

:Please help me understand temp directories.  I know what /tmp is for,
:and I know that /var/tmp is like /tmp only it is not normally cleared
:at boot-time.  But then what is /usr/tmp for?  or aren't /usr/tmp and
:/var/tmp usually used in the same implementation?

/usr/tmp and /var aren't normally in the same implementation.

--

 InterNIC WHOIS: MJO | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-848-4481

2. slow FTP between Windows and Linux

3. find /tmp -atime +1 | rm does not delete my old tmp files :-(

4. Auto-redial in Solaris 2.4/2.5 PPP?

5. allow apache to copy files from /tmp to a file-directory under php4

6. Slower machine after moving

7. File size of 'tmp' files for 'vi'

8. client on pmgrd

9. Does hacmp synchronisations need hacmp started ?

10. Difference between HACMP and HACMP/ES

11. Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

12. How to limit the use of /tmp and /var/tmp by arbitrary users

13. Why is there /tmp in addition to /var/tmp.