Looking for Rochade users

Post by John Schlute » Thu, 16 May 2002 04:40:25

Hi,
Would anyone who is presently using the Rochade metadata
repository be willing to share their experience? I'm interested
in how easy/difficult it is to configure and use.
Also if there is a better newsgroup to post this question to
please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!
--
H?lsningar/Regards
  John Schluter

1. RH71: Confused Quotas - quotaon looking for quota.user, edquota looking for aquota.user

I'm trying to use quota on Linux Red Hat 7.1 . I have the latest
updated quota and initscripts RPMs. fstab has the correct filesystems
marked with usrquota .

When I issue edquota -u bob , I can edit bob's quotas fine.
aquota.user is created fine.

However, when I reboot or turn on quotas using quotaon -a , it
complains that user.quota does not exist.

ie. edquota is using aquota.user but quotaon is looking for quota.user

If I touch user.quota then quotaon complains that there is an invalid
argument in quota.user . But edquota doesn't edit quota user, it edits
aquota.user! Arrghhh!

What the arse is going on, and how can I fix this please? Thanks
muchly.

quotacheck -m works fine.
repquota works fine and shows the quotas I set up using edquota
Quotas are NOT enforced by the system - can fill directories many
times over hard limits

quotaon is /sbin/quotaon dated 5th Sept 2001 20:00, 45692 bytes
edquota is /usr/sbin/edquota dated 5th Sept 2001 20:00, 49052 bytes

RPMs installed are:
initscripts-5.84.1-1.i386.rpm
quota-3.01pre9-0.7.1.i386.rpm
...from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/7.1/en/os/i386/

--

2. Real audio-video set up

3. Utter newbie end-user looking for where to look

4. XSANE - Pb installing EPSON Perfection 1260

5. looking for files (user files)

6. apache authentication with one time password?

7. Looking for AIX User Group

8. Adding fonts

9. A new Solaris x86 user, looking for documentation

10. Looking for : user-level implemenation of Pthread on RedHat 5.1

11. Looking for a user friendly gui fax program

12. looking for a script to renice user-owned processes

13. Looking for a user-interface for UNIX or tools for getting there