Sendmail, hostname not recognized as local

Sendmail, hostname not recognized as local

Post by Michael J Grav » Sun, 12 Apr 1992 03:03:41

I am in the process of configuring a template sendmail.cf for the
RS/6000s in our local subnetwork.  We're running AIX 3.1.5 with
IBM Sendmail AIX 3.1/UCB 5.61/IBM-4.03.

Unfortunately, although I have defined the FQDN and the classes for
the parts of the hostname, sendmail does not recognize mail that
arrives with an un-fully qualified name.  Mail addressed to

The stock sendmail.cf indicates that mail will be delivered locally
if the hostname matches any of the aliases in /etc/hosts or those
entered explicitly in sendmail.cf.  However, I have found this not
to be the case.

Any pointers?  Thanks for your help.

--
-Michael                           "Jealous gun-toting ex ends a cozy weekend"

1. hostname not recognized outside my machine

Hi.  I have a computer running Redhat linux 7.2.  I've set up my hostname as
well as I know.  It seems to recognize my hostname as 'radagast' within my
computer, but my router doesn't see a hostname and neither do my other
computers (windows xp).  Similarly, I used to be able to map a drive using
SAMBA and my hostname; now I have to use my IP.  It was working and now it's
not...

If I type uname -a, I get this:

Linux radagast 2.4.9-31 #1 Tue Feb 26 07:11:02 EST 2002 i686 unknown

Here are the contents of etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1    radagast    radagast.localhost    radagast.clarke.ca
localhost    localhost.localdomain    localhost.clarke.ca
radagast.localdomain

This computer is running behind a broadband router and is assigned an IP via
DHCP.

Thanks for any pointers...

2. AMD vs. Cyrix, Which, and How!?

3. syslog not recognizing hostname

4. Temperature on Asus P2B

5. hostname not getting recognised

6. Forbidden you don't have permission to access / on this server

7. Local users not recognized by mail programs.

8. lresolv Libraries?

9. TALK and YTALK not recognizing local host.

10. bash does not recognise /usr/local/bin

11. lpr will not recognize "local machine"

12. Sendmail + linux.uucp.cf gives "My hostname does not exist"

13. Sendmail:"My hostname () does not exist"