Moving data from one server to other server

Moving data from one server to other server

Post by Davoud S. Touss » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have two serveres one H50 and one silever node. I want to move all
data from
all VG (rootvg and other VG's) to two new H50's.

Is anybody there who can tell me how can I move all data, fast and
correct, from
each server to two new H50's?

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Moving data from one server to other server

Post by Richard Ramso » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Why not use smit sysback to backup the volume groups and then restore them
on the new server.

Post by Sascha Cvijeti » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have two serveres one H50 and one silever node. I want to move all
> data from
> all VG (rootvg and other VG's) to two new H50's.

> Is anybody there who can tell me how can I move all data, fast and
> correct, from
> each server to two new H50's?

> Do you have any suggestion?

> Thanks

  You can make full backup of all your data and then restore it on your
H50 machines

Post by Jerald H. Mathew » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

: I have two serveres one H50 and one silever node. I want to move all
: data from
: all VG (rootvg and other VG's) to two new H50's.

NFS should work unless you want to move ALL of the data and programs.
Just NFS export the data file systems that you want to move and NFS mount
the files on your new H50s.

--
Regards,
Jerry M.

1. How to move data from one server to another?

Occasionally, I have a need to move a directory of data from one server to another.

I generally use tar as this seems to meet all of my requirements nicely, eg
preserving ownership and access rights, copying from source directly to
destination.

Unfortunately, it does have a rather annoying limitation of only supporting a
path of 256 characters.

Is there source available to overcome this problem? Or can someone suggest an
alternative to using tar?

--Philip

--
Philip Colmer, Senior Systems Administrator
Acorn Computers Ltd, Acorn House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge,

The views expressed in this article are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Acorn Computers Ltd.

2. iserrno 121 EJOURNAL

3. Moving my running X app from one server to one other?

4. stty erase ^H not working!!!!!

5. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

6. Is my cd/dvd drive bootable..?

7. How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

8. what is cscope?

9. loop to copy a file from one server to others

10. Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

11. Shared Apache Server Security from Others on Server

12. Move data from UNIX server, help !

13. Redhat -- > Moving old server to new one