Fast Floating Point Subroutine Library

Post by Frank Petros » Tue, 05 Feb 1991 10:59:46

Some time ago, there was a discussion on this group of an IBM program
product that provided a library of floating point matrix subroutines
that were optimized for the Rs.6000.  Can anyone post/email me the name
of that library?  Thanks.

Post by Stephen Lin » Thu, 07 Feb 1991 22:04:11

|> Some time ago, there was a discussion on this group of an IBM program
|> product that provided a library of floating point matrix subroutines
|> that were optimized for the Rs.6000.  Can anyone post/email me the name
|> of that library?  Thanks.

The product name is AIX Engineering and Scientific Subroutine Library/6000.
The product number is 5621-060, and it is described in IBM
announce letter 290-759.

Stephen Linam   AWD Austin   T/L: 793-3674  Bell-net: (512) 823-3674

1. cg89/cg92 floating point libraries

Hi
My company has bought a piece of software, and we are trying to build it on
our m/cs here. The platform being used is a SUN 1000, Solaris 2.2.
Compilation takes the following form:

cc -s -xcg92 idf.c -o idf -l......

the results are:

Undefined symbol  __cg92_libc  first referenced in file (command line)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

If anybody can shed some light on cg89/cg92 stuff, it would be of great help.

thanks in advance.

2. Trusted Computing Base files

3. IEEE 64bit floating point libraries for PC

4. Strange behaviour of the Round Robin policy

5. Floating point math library in kernel?

6. pppd and MTU/MRU

7. tunnel point to point vs physical point to point

8. Help with Promise Card

9. Floating Point Exception

10. Linux 2.2.20 -> ps -u floating point error.

11. CoolThreads Servers, Floating Point and Oracle Database

12. float point exception on 3.0

13. Floating Point Exception error