mirror VG

Post by BSD » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:43:38

Does anyone have experience in mirroring the ROOTVG with 5.1?
Thanks.

BSD

mirror VG

Post by Vladimir Zamkovo » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:03:58

so, what is your question? it works same way it was before in 4.3.3 and
early %)

Quote:> Does anyone have experience in mirroring the ROOTVG with 5.1?
> Thanks.

> BSD

mirror VG

Post by BSD » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:39:42

Okay done, I thought it might be any restriction  such as PTFs
are needed

BSD

> so, what is your question? it works same way it was before in 4.3.3 and
> early %)

> > Does anyone have experience in mirroring the ROOTVG with 5.1?
> > Thanks.

> > BSD

1. bad disk in mirrored vg

Hello All,

I have a fairly simple question but one that evades me at the moment. I have
a disk in a mirored volume group that's died. I need to replace the disk but
need to know the quickest way to replace disk and recover the data to that
disk. Would backing up the volume group be the quickest way or can I just
rmlvcopy, replace disk and mklvcopy back to disk. We're looking for a
quickest and SAFEST way to achieve this.

THANKS

2. SS10-51 ZX Problem

3. Mirrored vg's, quorum v. nonquorum

4. DNS Traffic need help

5. Better performance with SSA RAID 1 or O/S AIX 4.3.2 vg mirroring???

6. Ctime can't get correct time?

7. VG factoring and LVM mirroring

8. 10 hot swaps,quad cpu, and hardware raid

9. Quad disk VG with mirroring situation ??

10. VG Mirrored

11. Can I mirror and stripe on the same VG or in AIX at all

12. Restoring other VG with mirroring

13. mirror a vg