Max #logins allowed

Post by Jeroen Klump » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

At the centre here, we have an AIX 4.2 system,
with the problem that only two persons are allowed
to login at the same time.
After two logins, any other login attempt will get:

3004-312 All available login sessions are in use.

We tried raising the number of allowed logins,
but that had no noticable effect.

Any ideas?

Jeroen.

1. LAN Telnet logins allowed, Internet not allowed

Hello,

My LAN: 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, 192.168.0.4
The .2 machine is the ftp/www/webserver and on it I would also like to
provide Telnet service only to the machines on my LAN, but I want to block
it from the rest of the world. I believe this can be controlled in
the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files.

Bye,
Amir

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Versioning in SCCS

3. NIS allows remote login but not console login?

4. TEAC-55A CDROM Help!!??

5. how do I disable telnet login with certain user id, only allowing console login?

6. going from static IP address to dhcp client firewall box

7. how to override max allowed dotclock ?

8. Q: who fingered my unix account?

9. username & password format: max length & allowed characters

10. How do I increase max # of files allowed open?

11. Q: Max. allowed dot clock?

12. max characters in allowed username

13. how to change the max open files allowed in unix?