WABI for RS6000, Model 250

Post by Tew See Mon » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
1.  I am currently using AIX 3.2.5 and probably will upgrade to AIX 4.1
shortly.
2.  I would like to run MS Office and some other software on my Power
PC.
3.  I read about WABI 2.2 but do not know anyone who have tried it.
Neither can my local IBM support personnel offer any help (sad!)
4.  I hope someone out there can offer me some advise on the performance
(if it works at all) and perhaps even other better alternatives which I
am ignorant of.
5.  Thanks in advance.

(I am residing in Singapore, does anyone know how I can get a copy of
WABI for AIX 3.2.5 here? Tks in advance too.)

WABI for RS6000, Model 250

Post by Werner Klause » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> 2.  I would like to run MS Office and some other software on my Power
> PC.
> 3.  I read about WABI 2.2 but do not know anyone who have tried it.
> Neither can my local IBM support personnel offer any help (sad!)
> 4.  I hope someone out there can offer me some advise on the performance
> (if it works at all) and perhaps even other better alternatives which I
> am ignorant of.

I recently upgraded from AIX 3.2.5 to 4.2 and use Insignia's SoftWindows
and am satisfied with its performance.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Werner Klauser

1. Hello RS6000 model 250

An old model 250 Risc System 6000 (I always wondered what RS stood for) was
recently given to me. I need a little help getting it into a working state.
The bigest problem (i assume) is it didn't come with the key. If this is a
big problem, how can I go about getting one? The 2nd problem is I need to
get inside it, to check connections, and to see if it has a harddrive in it
(I can't tell by peeking through the grating on the sides).

There is a promising looking handle-like thing at the back, but I can't seem
to get anywhere with it. The key-lock is turned to service. Am I just not
putting enough force into bending the handle or do I need to press somewhere
else on the case to get it to open. I can see the edges, so it looks like
the top and sides slides/lifts off from the back and front.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Proftpd and Mysql

3. Changing OS on RS6000 model 250

4. linux with win95

5. Linux on IBM RS6000 Model 250

6. Lots of paging and disk activity ???

7. RS/6000 Model 250 Manuals

8. 2nd IP Address on the same NIC possible?

9. how do I force a Model 250 open?

10. Model 250 memory configurations

11. 4.3 on a Model 250

12. lost key to Model 250

13. Lost root password on model 250 3.2.5