Broken File set

Post by sghani7 » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi there

The following is the output of lppchk -v command on one of my
system.

lppchk:  The following filesets need to be installed or
corrected to bring
         the system to a consistent state:

  devices.pci.df1000f7.com 4.3.3.15       (BROKEN)

Now why I tried to install the file set again it said that all
the fileset are at the current level and installation will not
occur.

Whats the solution to the problem. How do I remover this broken
file set only to restore the system to the previous version of
file set.

Regards

Salman

Broken File set

Post by Alex Robinso » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

sghani73,

Try installing with the '-acgN' options.

--
Regards,
Alex Robinson

Broken File set

Post by Rauscher Guente » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Hi there

> The following is the output of lppchk -v command on one of my
> system.

> lppchk:  The following filesets need to be installed or
> corrected to bring
>          the system to a consistent state:

>   devices.pci.df1000f7.com 4.3.3.15       (BROKEN)

> Now why I tried to install the file set again it said that all
> the fileset are at the current level and installation will not
> occur.

> Whats the solution to the problem. How do I remover this broken
> file set only to restore the system to the previous version of
> file set.

> Regards

> Salman

I had bos.rte.control 4.3.3.10    [Broken]
With the assistance of IBM Software Service the problem was solved:

There must be in /etc/group a group: shutdown:!:21:
Install  devices.pci.df1000f7.com 4.3.3.0 with default settings

With this aktion, the broken fileset  (bos.rte.control 4.3.3.10) was removed

Regards

Guenter Rauscher