AIX 1.2 (PS/2) nfs mount & automount

Post by Jon Crowcro » Fri, 29 Mar 1991 00:15:00

How does mount do its business for nfs filestores ?
man 2 mount, man -k nfs etc make no mention ...

i need to know to port the alternative automount to AIX
1.2 for our PS/2s (or else maybe we'll just run dos on them
and PC-NFS :-(

jon

1. AIX 1.2 is dead (was X server for PS/2 XGA under AIX 1.2)

I have heard from my spies in IBM (comments invited to confirm or deny):

1. PS/2 AIX is dead (no more new versions, except for bug fixes).

2. AIX has not been certified for the PS/2 90 and 95.

3. AIX will never be certified to work on the model 90 and 95.

4. Not said to me, but a conclusion of (3) is no support for XGA.

5. The only way to run Unix on the model 90 and 95 and have IBM's
   blessing is to run SCO's Open Desktop, with which IBM have a licensing
   agreement.

6. Future Unix versions for IBM PS/2s may be SCO's ODT or something similar
   from a joint development between IBM and SCO.

Mark Kosten (who denies having written the above)

2. FTP Script Program

3. AIX PS/2 1.2: running DOS Merge on an NFS filesystem

4. where do I start HTTP server?

5. Does AIX PS/2 1.2 run on the PS/2 Models 90 and 95?

6. u_ttyp deleted in svr4.2?

7. NFS mounting from within program (AIX 1.2)

8. httpd on Solaris 2.3, but can't access

9. AIX PS/2 1.2 & IBM X.25 simply doesn't work!

10. looking for dosformat and catman for AIX 1.2 (PS

11. SCSI driver for PS/2 AIX 1.2

12. g++ on PS/2 AIX 1.2

13. X server for PS/2 XGA under AIX 1.2