A problem with CICS installation...

Post by Damir Wilde » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:27:41

   Hi,
we have a problem with configuring rpc-only environment (part of
CICS instalation, AIX 4.3.3).
The command:
    /usr/lpp/cics/bin/cicscp -v -l log_file create dce -R
returns the following message:
   Cannot start DCED, port 135 is already in use. Waiting up to 5
   minutes for port 135 to clear." message. Port 135 is busy with
   loc-srv service.

Is there a way to tell cicscp to use another port, or should we disable
loc-srv?

Thanks,
   Damir

1. Distributed CICS (formerly CICS/6000)???

Hi Folks:

I heard a rumor that IBM is dropping support for Distributed CICS,
but I have not seen it in any headlines; nor could I find any
mention of that in IBM web pages at ->
http://www.software.ibm.com/ts/cics/products/

Has anyone else heard rumblings about this, or is it all FUD?

Thanks,
Wayne

2. Some very cool utilities

3. CICS configuration problems Abend A141 Can't find file

4. Can Solaris 2.5 mount NTFS partitions?

5. CICS hogging processors

6. rpc.statd fails on diskless Debian 3.0 install

7. Configuring AIX & CICS/6000 for UTF-8 (For Arabic Support)

8. kde remote on windows pc

9. Cobol/CICS migration to Unix/Unikix

10. tn3270 and MVS/CICS (long)

11. UNIX (AIX) mail to/from IBM mainframe PS/CICS

12. AIX CICS/6000

13. Configure on CICS/6000