5.1 indexed password file fixes

Post by Mike Klei » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:27:33

FYI  There will be an efix released shortly to correct a number of bugs
regarding reading an indexed password (both /etc/passwd and
/etc/security/passwd files). The problems arise when there are thousands of
user accounts on the system and indices are required to achieve minimal
acceptable performance. Technically what was happening is that the system
routines couldn't properly retreive information from the password files
leading to all sorts of bizarre problems.
--

Mike Klein
Manager, System Services

1. No index.html file ==> show index of /xxx?

We have Apache server 1.2.6 run under BSDI 4.0.  Recently, there has some wield
things happen.  If a user type http://www.aaa.com/news and there has no "index.html"
file, it should display "not found (404)".  Our server instead of will show
"index of /news" and list all files under that directory (just like FTP menu).
Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

Thanks.

2. Book: Linux Complete

3. AIX 5.1.B and 5.1.C and AIX 5.1.D

4. Faulty device?

5. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

6. Problem installing Xenix Release 2.3.2

7. Converting old-style password file to new password/shadow file

8. Routing Problem!

9. Warning: sol2.5.1 password bug

10. Q. RedHat 5.1 and NT Password Syncronisation with Microsoft NT Unix Option Pack

11. shadowed password on rh 5.1 / rh 5.2

12. everything seems fixed in RH 5.1 except...

13. urgent: shadow password setup on RH 5.1/RH 5.2