Sockets question

Post by Darin P. Kin » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have written a small program that connects to a Pop3 server to
download mail
to my RS to be routed through our sendmail.  It uses sockets to
communicate.
When I load the program from within a Multiview windows shell (ksh), it
works
perfectly.  When I load it from a normal login (without Multiview), it
opens the
socket, sends the USER instruction and then hangs on the read() after
the send().
The Pop3 server is on a NT system (Mercury).  Again, it works just fine
if I run it
from the shell inside of Multiview but not outside.  Also, we have
Mercury running
on a Novell system and the exact same sequence happens, so I don't
believe it has
anything to do with the communications to the NT.
Any help as to where to go next would be appreciated.  TIA

Darin King