HACMP

Post by Giscard Ven » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

hi,

has anyone suceeded in activating heartbeat over IP on a fibre-channel?
we are using:
AIX 4.3.2     HACMP 4.3.1.2
Emulex LP7000E with emulex-driver

the IP-network over FC works fine we have 20 thin-nodes (SP) in one
subnet
and I defined the interfaces as FCS in HACMP (alternatively I tried
generic), but packet-tracing and clstat shows the FC network as down.
and there is a network_down event in /tmp/hacmp.out.

any help welcome - please reply via e-mail
TIA

giscard

--

GE CompuNet, Germany                        http://www.CompuNet.DE
DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed are my own and do not represent my

HACMP

Post by Urban A. Haa » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Giscard,

There have been numerous heartbeat problems in the past sending heartbeat
over a heavily utilized network. This is why they usually recommend
target-mode SSA and target-mode SCSI to be on it's own net.

You may have to increase the timeout values on heartbeat over fibre-channel
to get it to work correctly. I would also investigate an alternative if
this is a heavy high-latenency network.

--
Urban A. Haas
CEO - Urban Technology, Inc.

Web: http://www.urbantechnology.com

This e-mail was composed of 100% recycled bits.

1. Does hacmp synchronisations need hacmp started ?

Though I have followed the IBM training lessons on hacmp
administration, I cannot remember if this topic has been treated.

If hacmp is running on my node and I want to synchronize the topology
or the resources from my node to a remote node,  does this need hacmp
running on the remote node ?

On the  other side, if hacmp is *not* running on my node, can I
synchronize a remote node with hacmp running ?

Regards

2. Solaris package information

3. Difference between HACMP and HACMP/ES

4. stdio.h error: _fake_filebuf not defined

5. Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

6. Ringback not working...

7. How to check HACMP

8. prob with X & intellipoint mouse

9. HACMP

10. HACMP - documentation

11. HACMP and the "copy" command: Bug or design issue?

12. Legal HACMP Config?

13. hacmp applications monitoring