Running multiple operating systems o

Post by Thomas Kle » Sun, 25 Apr 1993 04:04:00

Quote:> We are in the midst of converting our software over to use AIX 3.2.  We would
> like to make one or more of our machine so that they could be booted from
> either 3.1.5 or 3.2.  Has anyone done this?  Thanks.

You need another Harddisk to install another Release of AIX.
You must choose the new Disk at Installation as Device.
Then you have to alter the bootlist like:
bootlist -m normal hdisk1 hdisk0

At the startup first hdisk1 is used.
When you switch of hdisk1 the other Disk (hdisk0) is used.

ciao, Thomas

1. configuring LILO to run multiple operating systems

HI. I'm trying to run LILO with multiple operating systems. I have a
partition for W2K, one for W98, and another for Linux.
I installed W2K first, then W98, then linux, But LILO only works with the
second Windows that I installed, W98.
I added the following lines to the LILO.conf file, but I guess I don't
know exactly how to do it.

other=/dev/hda2
   label=dos2

Any suggestions?
Thanks

2. Win95 and UMSDOS

3. Running multiple operating systems on one machine

4. diald & smail(SMTP+UUCP)

5. Real operating systems, toy operating systems

6. Installing w/ Drive Overlay

7. Passing file descriptors thru rexec() socket

8. Does AIX operating system run on Intel X86 based systems?

9. Multiple Operating Systems w/ Boot Manager (OS/2 2.1) [partition NIGHTMARE]

10. Booting Multiple Operating Systems

11. multiple operating systems

12. Multiple operating systems