xdm and Num Lock

Post by Chri » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 04:23:36

Hi all,

This may be a little off but I need a little help getting a num lock to work
properly.  I am running xdm on an R/S6000 with AIX 4.3.2.  The majority of
the workstation are NCD 19c.  recently I added a PC running linux that
queries the R/S6000 on boot and gets the xdm login.

On this PC however the num lock key will not work.  If active it locks the
keyboard and no key strokes work.  Turn it off and the keyboard responds
again.

I have this problem with the NCDs originally but fixed it by adding the
following to .xinitrc on the R/S6000:

    xmodmap -e "remove mod4 = Num_Lock" \
                    -e "add mod5 = Num_Lock"

I assume there is something similar for the PC, but I can't figure out what
it is.  I also need to keep the NCD num locks working so something global
like the above probably won't work.

Does anyone have an idea, or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Chris Powell

1. Modem TX and RX status via Num Lock-Caps Lock-Scroll Lock

'Netters,

A time ago someone asked about implementing their Num Lock, Caps Lock,
and Scroll Lock keyboard lights as a modem transmit and receive status
indicator.

Has anyone accomplished this?  If so, is the code at an archive site?

-Rod
--
-----------
If you yell try : Rod Troch                  | Zeta Beta Tau

Pgp key available upon request.              | happyHappy joyJoy
         Don't mess with TEXAS. (Lonestar - A Linux box)

2. Linux on 386sx-16 w/ 2meg ram --> HELP!

3. CAPS lock and NUM lock

4. ftp proxy recommendations

5. Num Lock key locks dtwm

6. Linux is Running! Navigator is ...UHHH

7. Reset Keyboard? (caps lock/num lock)

8. Read command and trailing spaces

9. How to turn NUM LOCK

10. NUM LOCK KEY