IBM HTTPServer : AIX Documenation Library

IBM HTTPServer : AIX Documenation Library

Post by Vikra » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:51:58

I have installed IBM HTTPServer (apache) on SP2 Control Work Station
(CWS) with AIX 4.3.3 , AIX Base & Extended documentaion, configured
apache.

I can access apache server from Win2000 PC using MS-Explorer Browser,
I can also 'see' AIX Commands Alphabetic list (A, B, ...) but I do not
see blue + sign to expand, however when I 'click' on letter for
example A, I can also see which commands are starting with A with
'Blue Underline', but when I click on that command's underline I get
HTTP 404 (Not found) error.
Following variable are set
DOCUMENT_SERVER_MACHINE_NAME=spcws
DOCUMENT_SERVER_PORT=80
DOCUMENT_DIRECTORY=/usr/HTTPServer/htdocs

Local web server cgi-bin DIRECTORY              /usr/HTTPServer/cgi-bin
Local web server HTML document directory        /ust/HTTPServer/htdocs

As usual CWS runs kerberos (v4), can this be a reason ?. I used the
same procedure to install AIX Documenation Library on P660 and it
worked like charm.
I can see command's .htm file on the system. man command on CWS work.

** can some one please help me in informing what could be the reason?

TIA,

VKG

Post by Paul Landa » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 21:16:06

> I have installed IBM HTTPServer (apache) on SP2 Control Work Station
> (CWS) with AIX 4.3.3 , AIX Base & Extended documentaion, configured
> apache.

> I can access apache server from Win2000 PC using MS-Explorer Browser,
> I can also 'see' AIX Commands Alphabetic list (A, B, ...) but I do not
> see blue + sign to expand, however when I 'click' on letter for
> example A, I can also see which commands are starting with A with
> 'Blue Underline', but when I click on that command's underline I get
> HTTP 404 (Not found) error.
> Following variable are set
> DOCUMENT_SERVER_MACHINE_NAME=spcws
> DOCUMENT_SERVER_PORT=80
> DOCUMENT_DIRECTORY=/usr/HTTPServer/htdocs

> Local web server cgi-bin DIRECTORY              /usr/HTTPServer/cgi-bin
> Local web server HTML document directory        /ust/HTTPServer/htdocs

> As usual CWS runs kerberos (v4), can this be a reason ?. I used the
> same procedure to install AIX Documenation Library on P660 and it
> worked like charm.
> I can see command's .htm file on the system. man command on CWS work.

> ** can some one please help me in informing what could be the reason?

> TIA,

> VKG

I haven't tried this on a CWS or kerberos system,
but you should be able to do regular HTTP debugging
to find out what is happening.

Have you looked at the HTTP server log files?
  /usr/HTTPServer/logs/*log
There should be some entry corresponding to
the 404-not_found message that might give you
a clue.  Maybe $LANG is not set as expected,
maybe the links in /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs to
the /usr/share/man/info directory is not correct.

Paul Landay

Post by Vikra » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:52:10

> > I have installed IBM HTTPServer (apache) on SP2 Control Work Station
> > (CWS) with AIX 4.3.3 , AIX Base & Extended documentaion, configured
> > apache.

> > I can access apache server from Win2000 PC using MS-Explorer Browser,
> > I can also 'see' AIX Commands Alphabetic list (A, B, ...) but I do not
> > see blue + sign to expand, however when I 'click' on letter for
> > example A, I can also see which commands are starting with A with
> > 'Blue Underline', but when I click on that command's underline I get
> > HTTP 404 (Not found) error.
> > Following variable are set
> > DOCUMENT_SERVER_MACHINE_NAME=spcws
> > DOCUMENT_SERVER_PORT=80
> > DOCUMENT_DIRECTORY=/usr/HTTPServer/htdocs

> > Local web server cgi-bin DIRECTORY              /usr/HTTPServer/cgi-bin
> > Local web server HTML document directory        /ust/HTTPServer/htdocs

> > As usual CWS runs kerberos (v4), can this be a reason ?. I used the
> > same procedure to install AIX Documenation Library on P660 and it
> > worked like charm.
> > I can see command's .htm file on the system. man command on CWS work.

> > ** can some one please help me in informing what could be the reason?

> > TIA,

> > VKG

> I haven't tried this on a CWS or kerberos system,
> but you should be able to do regular HTTP debugging
> to find out what is happening.

> Have you looked at the HTTP server log files?
>   /usr/HTTPServer/logs/*log
> There should be some entry corresponding to
> the 404-not_found message that might give you
> a clue.  Maybe $LANG is not set as expected,
> maybe the links in /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs to
> the /usr/share/man/info directory is not correct.

> Paul Landay

Dear Paul,

Hats -Off.

Thanks a lot for about guiding me towards /usr/HTTPServer/logs/*log. I
could resolve the problem. Interestingly in this case it has nothing
to do with kerberos.

With Warm Regards,
VKG

1. AIX + PHP + IBM HTTPServer problem

Hi people,
I have a serious problem:
I've installed IBM HTTPServer 1.3.19 for AIX and I want to install PHP
3.0.16 on the same server.
Operations done:
untar...OK (!!)
configure...OK
make...OK
make install...OK

copy php3.ini to /usr/local/lib...OK
chech httpd.conf for LoadModule, AddModule, AddType...OK

restart apache...AAAHHHHH !!!!

The module libphp3.so has an "Invalid Magic Number".

Please....help me !!!!!

2. Any Gotcha's Putting RedHat on a ThinkPad???

3. IBM HTTPServer on AIX

4. Newbie seeking help

5. IBM HTTPServer does not start

6. Help RE: RS6000 (G40) Video

7. HTTPServer with IBM Websphere 3.5 having runaway processes

8. PowerPC Linux./Amiga - See in Sacramento July 27 & 28th

9. IBM HTTPServer 1.3.x and SetEnvIf

10. Value of DEFAULT_BROWSER for IBM HTTPServer (apache)

11. IBM AIX: Locale and BIND fixes on ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/efixes/security

12. aix 5.1 - compatible with which versions of HTTPServer