TCB on AIX 4.3.3

Post by ho.. » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:57:28

hi,

i've standalone and hacmp configured aix-es in an sp node. they were
installed without tcb switched on. i'd like to switch tcb on. how can i
do it? is it true that i have to reinstall the whole os for this feature?

thx,
homer

TCB on AIX 4.3.3

Post by Simon Edmond » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:04:08

Unfortunately- yes :(

Quote:> hi,

> i've standalone and hacmp configured aix-es in an sp node. they were
> installed without tcb switched on. i'd like to switch tcb on. how can i
> do it? is it true that i have to reinstall the whole os for this feature?

> thx,
> homer

TCB on AIX 4.3.3

Post by ho.. » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:44:34

> Unfortunately- yes :(

>> hi,

>> i've standalone and hacmp configured aix-es in an sp node. they were
>> installed without tcb switched on. i'd like to switch tcb on. how can i
>> do it? is it true that i have to reinstall the whole os for this feature?

thank you.
another question. how can i check whether the system is installed with
tcb? i know that there is a file tcbcheck in the system, but nothing else.
thx,
homer

TCB on AIX 4.3.3

Post by Malcolm Pree » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:03:58

>another question. how can i check whether the system is installed with
>tcb? i know that there is a file tcbcheck in the system, but nothing else.

Assuming you mean tcbck ?

Run it (as root).

If you don't have tcb installed you will get;

3001-101 The Trusted Computing Base is not enabled on this machine....

Malcolm
--
Malcolm - Great Britain Old Timers #32 - 19/Apr/2002 GB 5 HC Paris 4
Goaltending is 90% mental, the other 10% is in your head (ICQ#8195978)

1. Tivoli and AIX 4.3.3 with TCB

Hi there,

is there anyone using Tivoli (Monitoring, TEC, Inventory and
SW-Distrubution), where the TMR and TEC runs under AIX with TCB. I
opened a case, but the answer was not as specific as I hoped. In fact,
there are no entries in the Apar-DB about problems with Tivoli and
AIX-TCB. But if there is noone using this combination, yep, there are no
entries.

Btw: Is there a newsgroup out now for "Tivoli" ?

Regards: Carl J. Adloff

2. Mail problem

3. nmap, libpcap on AIX 4.3.3-ML4 (with TCB)

4. inet_addr thread-safe??

5. SCO UNIX: cannot securely create new file /tcb/files/auth/r/root-t /tcb/files/auth/r/root-t

6. Help on Mach64 and MAG-DX-17 monitor needed

7. Files in /var/tcb/files/dblogs

8. Xconfig file needed (Cirrus Logic video card, CTX display).

9. TCB advantages ?

10. trusted computing base (TCB)

11. TCB !!

12. Tripwire vs. TCB