Classic RS6000 & PC Monitor

Post by Jerem » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:47:55

Folks

Anyone able to assist/advise here?
I am about to purchase a 2791 Gt4x 24 Bit Feature Graphics Adapter for
my RS6000/7012 with the view to share a flat-screen 17inch monitor
with my PC. Does this card have a 15-pin connector that'll connect to a
regular PC monitor?
Is there a RGB -> 15pin adapter available for this purpose? Will it
work?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards
Jeremy

Classic RS6000 & PC Monitor

Post by Stephen Cardi » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:09:27

> Folks

> Anyone able to assist/advise here?
> I am about to purchase a 2791 Gt4x 24 Bit Feature Graphics Adapter for
> my RS6000/7012 with the view to share a flat-screen 17inch monitor
> with my PC. Does this card have a 15-pin connector that'll connect to a
> regular PC monitor?

Jeremy,

According to the document I have[0], this unit is 3-position RGB only.

Quote:> Is there a RGB -> 15pin adapter available for this purpose? Will it
> work?

Can't answer this, but you may want to try John Burns' unixnerd site:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Ask on the message board; I believe Burns supplies adaptors for HP and Sun
kit, so you may have some luck there.

Cheers,

Steve

0] "Adaptors, Devices and Cable Information for Micro Channel Bus
Systems" P/N SA38-0533-06

--

sportinglife.com, Central Park, New Lane, Leeds LS11 5DZ
Tel: +44 113 220 4906 | Std Disclaimers Apply

1. Installing Solaris on a Sparc Classic with PC monitor (cgthree)

Hello,

I finally got a PC monitor to work on my Sparc Classic and I
started booting from the install CDrom. However towards the
end of the boot process openwindows is launched. Shortly after
this starts my sony monitor reports "cable disconnected" and
goes blank.

What is happening?

I there anything I can do to fix it?

I had to use:-
        setenv output-device screen:svga70
        reset
        boot cdrom
to get the sun to use the monitor in the first place. I
half suspected that openwindows is switching the CGTHREE
back to its default mode of 1135x900x66. However were this
the case my monitor would still half work; but instead
I see "cable disconnected".

Thanks inadvance... fergus...

Technical Basis                Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets             Analyst Programmer

2. raid disks

3. PC PLUS &RS6000 Question

4. 2.5.40-mm1 oops

5. Classic RS6000 Microchannel Graphics card

6. Privacy in Squid

7. RS6000 - classic 360/ 7012 - RGB Graphics/15-pin Adaptor

8. Determine Attached MAC Address

9. Classic/Classic X/Memory

10. Blade 100 & PC Monitors

11. Sparc Classic and a Radius 21 inch monitor?

12. digiboard classic PC/8