weird qconfig thing

Post by Kate Julif » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a qconfig question.

I have two queuse for the same physical printer.

I generated them using SMITTY

One queue is called sleepy_nt

The other queue is called sleepy

The reason I have these two queues is that they go to different remote
spoolers and I am testiung which remote spooler is more efficient.

However I notice a strange thing  in qconfig

The entries generated in qconfig are

sleepy:

up = TRUE
host = machine1
s_statfilter=/usr/lib/attshort
l_statfilter=/usr/lib/attlong
rq=sleepy

backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak -T 120

and for the other queue

sleepy_nt:

up = TRUE
host = machine2
s_statfilter=/usr/lib/attshort
l_statfilter=/usr/lib/attlong
rq=sleepy

backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak -T 120

My question is: WHY would the rq  entry be "sleepy" for BOTH entries???

Both the queue names and the decriptions were differnt when I set them
up in SMITTY and when queried in SMITTY. That is, sleepy_nt queue has
the "description "sleepy_nt" and the "sleepy" queuename has "sleepy" as
the description. So why is rq the same for both in qconfig and  will
this not cauise a problem? And where would the sleepy_nt be getting the
rq of "sleepy" from?

I have a number of other printing problems and need to sort this out.

I tried changing the rq rntry for sleepy_nt to sleepy_nt but this
appears to down the queue

Kate

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. (newbie) weird thing with linux applications

Hi, gurus

here's something weird with my freebsd box that I have absolutely no idea:

The realplayer ran fine yesterday, then I boot into win2k mode, then I
rebooted into freebsd mode, then I run reaplyer, then it crashed with
signal 11.

I tried to use gdb to work with the core file, then it says that
/lib/libm.so.6 cannot be found. Then I found a libm.so.6 in
/compat/linux/lib directory. Then I su'ed and did a
cd /; ln -s /compat/linux/lib
then realplayer came back to life ...

I tried to read /etc/rc.conf and linux_enable was YES. /etc/rc mentioned
something like /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig. Then I did a

Forgiveness# /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libm
        libmenu.so.4 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libmenu.so.4
        libmenu.so.3.0 (libc5) => /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libmenu.so.3.0
        libm.so.6 (libc6) => /lib/libm.so.6
        libm.so.5 (libc5) => /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libm.so.5
Forgiveness#

It seemed that the directory was screwed up, but next time if libmenu.so.4
is referred to by some linux application then there's nothing I can do.

So cound anyone give any insight? The strange thing is, it worked just
yesterday.

Thanks in advance
-----
Ran Pang
SE 99

http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~pangr
tel: (905)529-5619

2. ipchains not blocking dhcp

3. weird csh thing

4. Help Linux ftp client (and .netrc) with NT ftp proxy

5. weird ant things

6. Bi-directional inetd communication

7. XV does -weird- things

8. Profiling on Solaris

9. Weird Thing: sb module hangs every 2nd boot?

10. Weird Ping, weird FTP, weird Telnet... HELP!!!

11. Weird things in csh (and kernel?)

12. Disklabel seeing weird things

13. Weird, weird, weird issue ....