rsh from NT

Post by John Du » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to do an rsh from NT to AIX. Works fine except if I want to
start a AIX task in the background. rsh on NT still waits for the job to
complete.

My syntax on NT is

rsh unixbox -l myuser unixcommand&

Anyone know how I can detach the Unix process from NT?

John

rsh from NT

Post by John McQ » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I am trying to do an rsh from NT to AIX. Works fine except if I want to
>start a AIX task in the background. rsh on NT still waits for the job to
>complete.

>My syntax on NT is

>rsh unixbox -l myuser unixcommand&

>Anyone know how I can detach the Unix process from NT?

>John

John

I've not tried this from NT's rsh but if it were two Unix boxes I'd
try enclosing the Unix command in ()'s to run as a sub-shell,
providing it doesn't output anything on stdout or stderr you should be
OK.

Regards

John