2 newbie problems

Post by Jay-rom » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:31:09

Hi everyone.

As a newbie on aix 4.3.3, i'd like to obtain some answers to 2 questions:
- How to create a user on a 5 workstations network, which one is a NIS
server?
- How to recover some deleted files..?

Thx for all

2 newbie problems

Post by Simon Marches » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:17:08

> Hi everyone.

> As a newbie on aix 4.3.3, i'd like to obtain some answers to 2 questions:
> - How to create a user on a 5 workstations network, which one is a NIS
> server?

Create the user on the NIS server; "make" the NIS map files in /etc/yp; then
"yppush" the definitions to any secondary servers.

Quote:> - How to recover some deleted files..?

You can't as standard - only if you have modified /usr/bin/rm to do something
other than the default.
Quote:> Thx for all

2 newbie problems

Post by Yves Bourdea » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:36:51

Go to this link, they have a something to recover deleted files.

http://www.compunix.com/

> > Hi everyone.

> > As a newbie on aix 4.3.3, i'd like to obtain some answers to 2
questions:
> > - How to create a user on a 5 workstations network, which one is a NIS
> > server?

> Create the user on the NIS server; "make" the NIS map files in /etc/yp;
then
> "yppush" the definitions to any secondary servers.

> > - How to recover some deleted files..?

> You can't as standard - only if you have modified /usr/bin/rm to do
something
> other than the default.

> > Thx for all

1. Not a newbie, but with a newbie problem (startx fails error 2)

Gee, I'm embarrassed. I built my whole damn pre-R5 system, had it up and
going with GNOME and everything, and foolishly decided I could rebuild the
install to make a cleaner system.
   Now, I am encountering an early problem I didn't have before. I have
directed my "X" link towards the XFree68_FBDev (which worked before), but
now it fails with error2. I checked the permissions, and have executed it
by itself (X loads fine), but can't firgure out what;s wrong.
   Help?

--
___________

S K I N N Y         Michael Greer                    http://www.skinnydesign.co

___________

2. DOSEMU and WINE

3. newbie problem CUPS lokkit firewall web browser problem

4. Help apache SSL installation RedHat 6.1

5. Problem with RAGE II (Newbie problem)

6. FIL interface ?

7. DNS - problem (maybe a newbie problem)

8. problem mounting DOS filesystems

9. newbie problem on ncurses: puzzling line break

10. Newbie: problems with activation eth0

11. newbie problems.....

12. Newbie problem with starting services

13. newbie problems