AIX - DB2 - Transformer Stored Procedure Files - db2_07_01.tspf

AIX - DB2 - Transformer Stored Procedure Files - db2_07_01.tspf

Post by Jeff Schwar » Wed, 01 May 2002 05:53:09

Hi,
   I'm having a problem installing DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition v7.2.
I'm using the db2setup script included on the CD.  After I choose
which options I want to install (on the "Install DB2 V7" menu) I'm
told that I'll be installing the following components:

Transformer Stored Procedure Files
DB2 Connect Support
Product Signature for DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition

(the component list is on the "DB2 Setup Utility" "Summary Report"
window).  I tell it to continue and the install fails.  It fails
because Transformer Stored Procedure Files (db2_07_01.tspf 7.1.0.41)
apparently needs db2_07_01.tspf 7.1.0.40 to be installed as a
pre-requisite (actually it seems to be saying that the 7.1.0.40
version needs the 7.1.0.41 version as a requisite file - but that
doesn't sound right to me, so I guess I'm reading it wrong).
   There is a db2_07_01.tspf on the CD, but when I try to install it I
get the message that it's missing the same requisite file as above.  I
can't find any other version of that tspf file on the CD or on the
internet (but maybe I don't know where to look).
   If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very glad to hear them.

Thanks a lot, and I appreciate your help,
Jeff

1. Parasoft Insure++ with DB2 Stored-Procedures on AIX ?

I'm using DB2 v7.1 (fp3) on AIX 4.3.2.0, and I have
many 'C' DARI style embedded-SQL stored procedures.

We use Parasoft Insure++ v5.1 successfully on
most applications in this environment.

But we dont know if Insure++ can be made to work on the
DB2-stored-procedures themselves.

At present it looks like it just wont work!

DB2-stored-procedures on AIX are shared-libraries,
so I've built them for Insure++ appropriately.
(i.e they seem to load successfully using the load()
system call).

Although I can build the stored-procedures for
insure++, DB2 is unable to load them. It gives
SQL10012N. This is despite the instance having
the DB2LIBPATH prefixed with the insure directories,
and the DB2ENVLIST having LIBPATH included with
a suitable insure-directory prefix.

Has anyone out there managed to get
Insure++ running for DB2 'C' stored procedures on AIX ?

If so , can you email or post exactly how you
did it, with details of the compile+link lines
from your makefile/script, and your db2 and .psrc
setup to make it work.

-
mike

2. Log files

3. Store Procedure Builder hangs (AIX 4.3, DB2 v.7.1, XLC)

4. Rehat 4.1 startup files?

5. Stored Procedures AIX V4.1 RS6000,DB26000 V2.1

6. GMU Gets Badly Hacked.

7. Stored Procedure & SQL Retriever

8. Urgent help needed!

9. OT: Passing Unix Variables to a PL/SQL Stored Procedure

10. LiveWire and Oracle Stored Procedures

11. OT: Passing Unix Variables to a PL/SQL Stored Procedure

12. stored procedure issues

13. SOLUTION: unix host call from java stored procedure.