"Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

"Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

Post by Arne Soda » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to find out, by a command, eg. lsfs -q, if a filesystem
is "Standard Journaled File System" or "Large File Enabled Journaled
File System"?

Arne S

"Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

Post by chrish_po_wr_.. » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The BF parameter in the output of the command you listed (lsfs -q)
displays whether or not large files are enabled.

Regards,
Chris

Quote:> Is there a way to find out, by a command, eg. lsfs -q, if a filesystem
> is "Standard Journaled File System" or "Large File Enabled Journaled
> File System"?

> Arne S

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

"Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

Post by Jeremy Collin » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

In your "lsfs -q" output, look for "bf: false" or "bf: true"  (bf = "big
files")

> Is there a way to find out, by a command, eg. lsfs -q, if a filesystem
> is "Standard Journaled File System" or "Large File Enabled Journaled
> File System"?

> Arne S

"Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

Post by Stephen Wyli » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You can also see this in smit, in Change/Show characterisitics/

>Is there a way to find out, by a command, eg. lsfs -q, if a filesystem
>is "Standard Journaled File System" or "Large File Enabled Journaled
>File System"?

>Arne S

"Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

Post by Allan Morris » Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:19:05

So don't forget to use the magic F6 key to find out what that command is

> You can also see this in smit, in Change/Show characterisitics/

> >Is there a way to find out, by a command, eg. lsfs -q, if a filesystem
> >is "Standard Journaled File System" or "Large File Enabled Journaled
> >File System"?

> >Arne S

1. Looking for info on "journaled" file system

With SGI's recent announcement about releasing XFS, my curiosity
threshold peaked out. This is not an area I usually care much about (the
low levels of file systems), but did become interested on what is it
technically that makes a file system a journaled file system. Does
anyone know of any good web sites that describe such?

--
Travis Griggs (a.k.a. Lord of the Fries)
Member, Fraven Skreiggs Software Collective

2. Installation boot diskette RH 6.1

4. C++:Linker Error with Constructor of Abstract Class

5. "Logging" or "Log structured" file systems with news spool.

6. How to extract fault address from inside SIGSEGV handler

8. Upgrade to XFree86-3.1 HOWTO or FAQ?

9. "Convert" /usr to large file system enabled?

10. "cd file.zip" instead of "unzip file.zip"?

11. "Can't open file" ( flat file ) and "flock()unimplemented ..."

12. "> file" versus "cp /dev/null file"

13. Is "sh file" equivalent to "cat file | sh"