Very Simple Topas Question.

Post by A Lo » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:11:17

Hi Folks, Never used topas so far always used Monitor/Top. Now the
later two have a column saying that amount of available or free memory
on the server. However the topas has columns like 'Comp', 'NOnComp'
and 'Client'. Now the numbers I see are 30% - Comp and 70% - Non Comp
and 0% - Client. Does that mean there is no more RAM left on the
server that is free. I am trouble figuring out how much memory is
currently available on the server?

Please help.

TIA,

A Log.

Very Simple Topas Question.

Post by MicroJa » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 06:41:57

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/aix/cmds/aixcmds5/topas.htm
This will tell you everything about topas command.
Hope this helps...

Quote:> Hi Folks, Never used topas so far always used Monitor/Top. Now the
> later two have a column saying that amount of available or free memory
> on the server. However the topas has columns like 'Comp', 'NOnComp'
> and 'Client'. Now the numbers I see are 30% - Comp and 70% - Non Comp
> and 0% - Client. Does that mean there is no more RAM left on the
> server that is free. I am trouble figuring out how much memory is
> currently available on the server?

> Please help.

> TIA,

> A Log.

1. A simple question deserving a simple answer

: What does Unix (Specifically Linux) look like?

A bunch of ones and zeros ;-)

: Is it like Dos? Windows?

No, thank God.

: Something else?

Yes.

There's a simple answer...

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting
    Tag And Document Consulting            Perl programming

2. Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM XFree86 Problem

3. a simple sed question ( there all simple :> )

4. How to clone a Solaris system with SDS 4.2.1 and VxFS ?

5. Simple question from simple user

6. AS-400 Interface to i386

7. Simple FTP question (very simple)

8. Big file copy crashes Linux+X

9. simple question about simple code

10. Simple question for us simple minded.

11. Simple question - simple answer?

12. Confused with Topas/ps aux | pg Output w.r.t CPU utulization.

13. about topas