Driver installation package problem

Post by Jesper Nordenbe » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:42:48

I'm trying to make a device driver installation package on AIX 5.2.
I've added an odmadd file to the package and put the following
commands in the config file:

mkdev -l kk670s0
mkdev -l kk670s1
/usr/lib/methods/defkk670 -c kk -s node -t kk670
/usr/lib/methods/defkk670 -c kk -s node -t kk670
/usr/lib/methods/cfgkk670 -l kk670_0
/usr/lib/methods/cfgkk670 -l kk670_1

The problem is that when I try to install the package using installp I
get the following error message:

mkdev: 0514-518 Cannot access the CuDv object class in the device
configuration database.

When I run the script manually it works fine. The only place to put
these commands is in the config file because it's the only script run
after odmadd has been performed.

Why doesn't the script work? Am I doing something wrong when creating
the package?

/Jesper Nordenberg

1. HP PSC 750 driver package on top of previous installation (RH7.3)

I am new to Linux and just getting my Red Hat Linux 7.3 Personal set
up.  I have a Hewlett Packard PSC 750 "all-in-one"
printer/scanner/copier, and I have already set it up as my default
printer using print.conf and thus the driver for the HP printer that
came packaged with this distribution.  The printing works splendidly!
But I cannot use my scanner.  Hewlett Packard offers a complete driver
package, with drivers for both the printer and scanner, the XSANE GUI
for the scanner, and some other support software, at
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/download.shtml.  I have downloaded this
package (a source tarball), but I have not built or installed it.
Before I do so, I would like to know in advance whether I might run
into some sort of conflict with the driver I have already installed
for the printer.  How will the system handle my installing this new
set of drivers?  Has anybody out there done this?  Thanks.

Amittai Aviram

2. 3c509 says "Waiting for .. to discard packet, .."

3. RH 8.0 hangs during installation of packages and during installation.

4. Has anyone used the following IBM MB with Linux (PII PC300PL model)

5. red hat 6.2 installation hangs during package installation step

6. Question: syslog.conf config?

7. Redhat 5.1 Installation Problem - Packages

8. Accounting, Invitory, and Database for large firm

9. problems with malloc and packages installation

10. Problem automating package installation

11. linuxPPC 1999 packages installation problem

12. gcc package installation problem on Solaris 7 x86

13. package/port installation problems