routing table

Post by GoldWin » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 02:05:04

Does anybody know how to change the routing table on my machine ?
I want to delete some entries, but it just doesn't work with SMIT.
Is this just an ASCII file or not ?

Thanks,

Oliver Devoogdt

routing table

Post by dc.. » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:28:35

> > Does anybody know how to change the routing table on my machine ?
> > I want to delete some entries, but it just doesn't work with SMIT.
> > Is this just an ASCII file or not ?

> The routing table is usually stored in the ODM (see /etc/objrepos
> and /usr/lib/objrepos), but you should *not* have to edit the
> ODM in order to remove an entry from the routing table.  Smitty
> should allow you to do this.

> How does it not work?  Which routes do you want to delete?
> Are you using "smitty rmroute"?

> Regards,

> Nick Dronen

Are you getting them from ICMP redirects?  Try:

netstat -r to get routes.

To delete route in table above

route delete xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx subnet mask gateway. There is a man page
on route.

Hope that helps.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

I have, what I think, is a simple question for the TCP/IP guys out there
who are familar with routing tables on AIX 4.1.5/4.2.1 in an IBM SP
environment. Or maybe not.

I have recently noticed that when I execute a 'netstat -r' on a
particular node in the SP environment, there are routing table entries
that I know I didn't put in there. I have to delete these "unwelcomed"
entries and re-add the correct ones. This is undesireable and maybe a
quick crash course in routing tables is justified. These unwelcomed
routing table entries seem to be automatically added right after I have
IPL'ed the node in question.

How did these routing table entries get added in the routing table? Does
anybody know the process?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Rightclick menu editing in RH8.

3. How to set up routing table or gateway tables for ppp?

4. ANNOUNCEMENT: New upgrade for InitMgr

5. building routing tables or listening to OSPF route information?

6. tar and textfile?

7. Routing question, how to duplicate route table in new distro?

8. need help with ppp.log

9. Dropping route from route table

10. Removing a network route from the route table

11. pppd not setting up default route in routing table

12. How to delete route entry from routing table

13. RH 5.2: Routing table losing default route/gateway