how to mount msdos floppy

Post by Zenon Farias Braga F » Wed, 23 May 2001 09:08:13

    I would like to know how to mount a floppy formated in msdos.

sincerely,

Zenon Farias Braga F.

how to mount msdos floppy

Post by Chri » Wed, 23 May 2001 22:46:12

AIX doesn't mount a dos floppy as say Linux does.  What you can do is
put your floppy in the diskette drive and use either dosread to read
files from it, or doswrite to write files to it.  You can even format
a diskette with dosformat.  Hope this does what you need.

Regards,
Chris

Quote:> I would like to know how to mount a floppy formated in msdos.

> sincerely,

> Zenon Farias Braga F.

how to mount msdos floppy

Post by Peter Reis » Wed, 23 May 2001 23:16:16

You can't 'mount' the floppy.
You need the dos support fileset
check with:
 lslpp -l | grep DOS
should show:
  bos.dosutil                4.3.2.0  COMMITTED  DOS Utilities

then use commands dosdir, dosdel, dosformat, dosread and doswrite.

Quote:> I would like to know how to mount a floppy formated in msdos.

> sincerely,

> Zenon Farias Braga F.

how to mount msdos floppy

Post by Zenon Farias Braga F » Wed, 30 May 2001 21:07:07

    Thanks a lot!

sincerely,

Zenon Farias Braga F.

> You can't 'mount' the floppy.
> You need the dos support fileset
> check with:
>  lslpp -l | grep DOS
> should show:
>   bos.dosutil                4.3.2.0  COMMITTED  DOS Utilities

> then use commands dosdir, dosdel, dosformat, dosread and doswrite.

> > I would like to know how to mount a floppy formated in msdos.

> > sincerely,

> > Zenon Farias Braga F.

1. mounting msdos floppy prob: vfsmount(msdos) error

Hi,

I am experiencing a major problem when trying to mount an msdos/vfat
floppy disk. I keep getting vfsmount(msdos) not found errors whenever I
do a mount_msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy. Can anyone suggest whey I keep
getting vfs errors? And do I have to configure anything inside the
kernel for VFS?

Thanks,
Leon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. trying to find a sound editor for X

3. REQ: help, simply mounting MSDOS floppy!

4. 16MB and Unix (was: Unix vs Xenix)

5. New to Linux -- How to mount MSDOS floppy

6. NFS error

7. REQ: help, simply mounting MSDOS floppy!

8. earthlink-dsl..problem

9. Mount msdos floppy

10. Problem mounting msdos floppy!

11. Want to mount msdos floppies too

12. Anyone else notice problems mounting msdos floppies?