Help with download microcode?

Post by Dra?en ?ari » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:11:04

When I tried to download microcode for 12GB 4mm tape program failed with
Genucode Return Codes
-7 INQUIRY FAILED.2 months ago I download same microcode for another
user,same tape,same microcode (from 726B to 7550)and it was O.K immediatly.I
was doing this procedure again and  very slow but microcode is still 726B
and tape doesent work.
Please Help.

1. Adaptec 2940 and AAA-131- microcode download question

Hi,

  My question to anyone with an inkling of an idea...

When my system boots with a AHA-2940, it tells that it is "downloading
microcode".  Q: is the system downloading it FROM or TO the controller?

If it is downloading from the controller, can an AAA-131 (I have one and
would like to use it) raid controller be used to manage a raid 5 array
without any kernel overhead.  Or, is there a module/driver for the 131.

I could ask a handfull of other questions based on the above, but I'm
sure they are apparent to anyone responding.

--Dave Helton

2. TUTORIALS on ** Recovering from Hard Drive Disasters **

3. Microcode download

4. Thinking of Motherboard/Processor Upgrade

5. Q: Microcode Download procedure

6. PNG alpha-channel and KDE3.1

7. Clearing cleaning flag on IBM 8505 for microcode download

8. What is this in my /var/log/messages?

9. 43P Microcode Recovery Disk - HELP!!!

10. Corrupted / incomplete system microcode update. Help?

11. HELP!!, problems after update to SSA microcode level B3

12. microcode upgrade on a SSA adapter - help required

13. Help!!! Need help downloading Linux