AIX 4.3 - Whats On CD

Post by JS » Fri, 03 May 2002 03:40:32

How do I determine the contents of CD3 of AIX4.3  - where do I find trhe MAN
, and install such?

--
"To Fail is NOT an Option, It is Bundled in the Software"

AIX 4.3 - Whats On CD

Post by Andreas Fun » Fri, 03 May 2002 17:53:17

> How do I determine the contents of CD3 of AIX4.3  - where do I find trhe MAN
> , and install such?

The Documentation is located on an extra CD called extended
documentation or something like this.
The contents of the four AIX CD's is listed on the first of them.

Andreas

AIX 4.3 - Whats On CD

Post by Norman Levi » Sun, 05 May 2002 02:04:38

>> How do I determine the contents of CD3 of AIX4.3  - where do I find trhe
>> MAN , and install such?

The CD is in a standard cd format which means the cdrfs (cd rom file system) can
be mounted.  Use SMIT to help you create an entry in /etc/filesystems for a
cdrom filesystem.  I think the default mount point will be /cdrom.

Then, you can just put the cd in and "mount /cdrom" or "mount /dev/cdrom"
At that point, you could "ls /cdrom; ls -a" and you're on your way.
norm

---

AIX 4.3 - Whats On CD

Post by AOW » Sun, 12 May 2002 12:48:57

If you want to install the manual, you will need the "base documentation" CD.
The extended documentation CD will not do it for you. You will need to install
the following 2 packages: bos.html.en_US.nav and bos.html.en_US.cmds.
You can do all that easily via SMIT.

Goo Luck.