Read MKSYSB fron DDS3 to DDS2

Post by Stim » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a 7025F50 with a DDS3 tape unit, I made a mksysb tape on this
unit ( the tape is DDS2 format ). Now I want to restore this tape on a
7013J40 machine with a DDS2 unit.

The strange thing is that I can read this tape from the comand prompt
and in >smitty storage>system backup manager>List Files in a System
Image... but I cannot boor from this tape on my 7013J40...

Doe anybody have an idea what I can try next...
I have done this:

bootlist -m service rmt0 cd0 hdisk0
key on service mode
in menu: boot from list...
thenthe machine boots but boots from installed operating system but
not from tape...

Doe anybody have an idea what I should do next?

Thanx in advance..

Reb

-= Wie met beide benen op de grond blijft staan, komt geen stap verder =-

Post by Tom Weav » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I have a 7025F50 with a DDS3 tape unit, I made a mksysb tape on this
>unit ( the tape is DDS2 format ). Now I want to restore this tape on a
>7013J40 machine with a DDS2 unit.

In addition to any tape incompatibility problems, an mksysb of an AIX
system from an F50 will not run on a J40 - the hardware types are
different.

--
Tom Weaver        (512) 838 8277, T/L 678-8277