Trouble with IBM530 / AIX3.2.4

Post by Andre Ooyevaa » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have recently obtained a IBM530 but it won't boot. The last message on
display is C33 than nothing happens. Documentation says that a terminal on
S1 or S2 is selected but a attached terminal stays blank.
Can someone help me ? (perhaps another newsgroup I don't know of ?)

Andre

Trouble with IBM530 / AIX3.2.4

Post by artu » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Maybe your terminal is not attached correctly. Cable problem ? Try to start
system in maintenance mode. Maybe thereis
problem with terminal.

Artur

> I have recently obtained a IBM530 but it won't boot. The last message on
> display is C33 than nothing happens. Documentation says that a terminal on
> S1 or S2 is selected but a attached terminal stays blank.
> Can someone help me ? (perhaps another newsgroup I don't know of ?)

> Andre

Trouble with IBM530 / AIX3.2.4

Post by Jerald H. Mathew » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I have recently obtained a IBM530 but it won't boot. The last message on
> display is C33 than nothing happens. Documentation says that a terminal on
> S1 or S2 is selected but a attached terminal stays blank.
> Can someone help me ? (perhaps another newsgroup I don't know of ?)

 Andre

Do you have the terminal attached to the S1 port set to 9600 bps, 8 bits,
no parity, 1 stop bit. The cable connecting to the S1 port should be
a 10 pin MOD-U to DB25 adapter, then a full handshaking null modem, and
finally connect to the terminal.
The null modem should be wired as follows:

Processor        Terminal
DB25 pin   to    DB25 pin
2          to      3
3          to      2