keyboard problem without a keyboard

Post by Tony Hold » Wed, 06 Jan 1993 12:28:50

I've got a strange problem with a 320 on 3.2.0.  After the machine is
rebooted errpt reports a Software Program Error, and the Resource is
the keyboard.

Problem is that I don't have a keyboard attached to this machine,
never have.  The 800 number sez I need to attach a keyboard then run
diag.  But they weren't real sure about this.

Any clues?

Thanks

Tony
--
Tony Holden                                     live on the edge,

Post by Bob Sha » Thu, 07 Jan 1993 02:32:46

>I've got a strange problem with a 320 on 3.2.0.  After the machine is
>rebooted errpt reports a Software Program Error, and the Resource is
>the keyboard.

>Problem is that I don't have a keyboard attached to this machine,
>never have.  The 800 number sez I need to attach a keyboard then run
>diag.  But they weren't real sure about this.

Hmmm, that is an odd one.

If lscfg reports the existence of a keyboard (mine is called kbd0), you
could see if "diag -a" would remove it.

Clutching at straws!
--

IBM Champaign

Post by Tony Hold » Thu, 07 Jan 1993 09:52:28

> >I've got a strange problem with a 320 on 3.2.0.  After the machine is
> >rebooted errpt reports a Software Program Error, and the Resource is
> >the keyboard.

> If lscfg reports the existence of a keyboard (mine is called kbd0), you
> could see if "diag -a" would remove it.

The keyboard is defined, and it also shows as defined on other server
type machines that I admin.

diag -a returns back to the cmd prompt.  I never get a message about
the keyboard missing or being found but not defined.  When I go under
diag I can't find a prompt to undefine the keyboard.  Nor under smit.
This may be a lack of understanding or experience with diag.

--
Tony Holden                                     live on the edge,

1. Getting keyboard events without keyboard focus?

I use (and recommend) Workman for listening to audio CDs using my Sun
workstation. Workman has a small slider for altering the audio output
of my CD-ROM to headphones.

On my Sun-LX Type-5 keyboard there are four buttons in the top right hand
corner that I never use, in particular 3 for changing the volume of the
LX's "internal" audio. Is it possible to generate X keyboard events for
these buttons and, if so, is it possible for these events to be directed to
my Workman even if it doesn't have keyboard focus?

chrism.

2. Thursday 16 September 1999: Linux Kernel Birthday Bash

3. MB without keyboard controller / USB-only keyboard ?

4. SCSI backup problems

5. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

6. good/bad computer shops in Imbi ??

7. telneting into a computer without a monitor and without a keyboard

8. Java from SMC on Lynix

9. Can't boot linux without keyboard (setup.S problem?)

10. Share one keyboard between a PC and a SPARCstation (preferably SPARC keyboard)

11. Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor Switch , keyboard drops out

12. unix2dos on Solaris: could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed

13. How does keyboard input transmit from keyboard of X Server to application?