Linking Shared Memory extensions to X-server

Linking Shared Memory extensions to X-server

Post by Clay Irvi » Sun, 06 Dec 1992 20:48:00

Can someone provide instructions on how to link the shared memory
extensions to the X-server? I'm trying to compile a program and
receive the following error:

$ make all
        cc  util.o video.o parseblock.o motionvector.o decoders.o  fs2.o fs2fasy
0706-317 ERROR: Unresolved or undefined symbols detected:
                 Symbols in error (followed by references) are
                 dumped to the load map.
                 The -bloadmap:<filename> option will create a load map.
.XShmCreateImage
.XShmAttach
.XShmDetach
.XShmPutImage
.XShmQueryExtension

Make Quitting.
$

Thanks!

Post by W » Fri, 11 Dec 1992 05:27:52

>Can someone provide instructions on how to link the shared memory
>extensions to the X-server? I'm trying to compile a program and
>receive the following error:

You need the X11 Development LPP. Read the instructions in the
/usr/lpp/X11/Xamples/README on how to rebuild the X server and build
the sample extension library. You will have to change the
application's (MPEG viewer?) Makefile to link to libXextSam.a. Note
that MIT-SHM extension in not officially suppported by IBM or MIT but
is provide as a sample (it's straight MIT code).

--

IBM Graphics Systems, X Server Development

USMail: IBM Mailstop 9260, 11400 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78758