iplanet on S85

Post by kman » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:19:57

I just installed iplanet on a S85.  Our plan is to have multiple instances
running on different ports.  All the instances will serve the same
documents.  Are there software packages for load balancing between these
instances?

I have been working with AIX for some time but new to this web server thing.
I also realize that this may not be the right group to ask this question.
Are there iplanet / web server related newsgroups?

iplanet on S85

Post by sp2 admi » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:25:40

if they are all on the same physical machine, and all using the
same network routes, using different ports will not provide you
with very much balancing of load

> I just installed iplanet on a S85.  Our plan is to have multiple instances
> running on different ports.  All the instances will serve the same
> documents.  Are there software packages for load balancing between these
> instances?
> I have been working with AIX for some time but new to this web server thing.
> I also realize that this may not be the right group to ask this question.
> Are there iplanet / web server related newsgroups?

1. iPlanet webmail (was Upgrading Iplanet Messaging Server from 4.x -> 5.2)

that seems to me too... so i'm going to add another question to yours (did
you expect a reply to your question paul?wrong! :P)

sometimes ago i tried to configure the ims 5.1 webmail service to look in
another pop/imap server instead of localhost... the target was to have a
machine with 80 listening to http requests from anywhere, while the real
pop/imap server was reachable only from the webmail server itself... i
managed to do this for the mta (you can instruct the http service to use an
external mta, but the pop/imap will always be local)...

I heard voices saying that this is possible, but no1 seems to know how...

Any help?

2. ftpd-diku

3. iplanet web server 6.6 + iplanet directory server (latest)

4. 4 little questions about linux

5. iPlanet webservers, iPlanet Directory Servers,

6. NE2000 comp. problems with RedHat

7. IBM S7a to S85 migration

8. How to use "-name *.c" with find?

9. S7A to S85 upgrade

10. Giga bit device on S85 rs6000

11. NES 3.6 to IPlanet 4.1 Migration

12. Getting private key from iPlanet WebServer 6.0 SP1

13. JDK install portion of iPlanet 4.0 SP4 produces coredump