Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

Post by Thierry Chen » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:29:37

All,

I recently upgraded a 2 nodes cluster (cascading) from HACMP/ES 4.4.0
to HACMP/ES 4.4.1, and the cluster behaves weirdly! After upgrading
the primary node, and after a reboot (as per documentation), I restart
cluster manager. The node is joigning the cluster, then the resource
group travel gently from the backup node to the fresh upgraded primary
node. Everything is fine, filesystems are mounted, application server
is started, then when you think you are done, a swap adapter event
occurred on the node, and the standby adapter becomes the service
adapter. After all the software and hardware checking, I couldn't find
any trouble on the adapter...

Did you notice such behaviour?

Thierry

Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

Post by Urban A. Haa » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:39:32

I believe there were known bugs with swap adapter. I'd look at HA
maintenance PTFs.

Urban

Quote:> All,

> I recently upgraded a 2 nodes cluster (cascading) from HACMP/ES 4.4.0
> to HACMP/ES 4.4.1, and the cluster behaves weirdly! After upgrading
> the primary node, and after a reboot (as per documentation), I restart
> cluster manager. The node is joigning the cluster, then the resource
> group travel gently from the backup node to the fresh upgraded primary
> node. Everything is fine, filesystems are mounted, application server
> is started, then when you think you are done, a swap adapter event
> occurred on the node, and the standby adapter becomes the service
> adapter. After all the software and hardware checking, I couldn't find
> any trouble on the adapter...

> Did you notice such behaviour?

> Thierry

1. Difference between HACMP and HACMP/ES

Hi all,

Someone can explain me what is the difference between HACMP and
HACMP/ES ?

I have two nodes (S85) connected to two ESS boxes (for mirroring)
across FC adapters, and running HACMP/ES. Is it really necessary
HACMP/ES for this situation ?
This version of HACMP has been delivery automaticly by IBM without any
information from us...

Many thanks for your informations.

Charles.

2. ppp problem

3. Where to get or buy ES-255 and ES-220 or exchanging with ES-310 ?

4. kill child and its all grad child processes?

5. HACMP/es + nfs + ops

6. PUT methode don't work

7. Etherchannel and HACMP ES

8. ISA video card recommendation

9. HACMP/ES 4.4.1 NFS problem

10. HACMP/ES support for Gigabit adapters

11. HACMP/ES 4.4 clinfoES problem

12. HACMP/ES or HAGEO

13. Oracle Parellel Server on HACMP/ES (Clarion, Fastt500)