International character sets in Netscape/Aix?

International character sets in Netscape/Aix?

Post by pman.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

   Does anyone know why cant we use international (swedish) characters
in stock Netscape Communicator 4.x (from ftp.netscape.com) installed in
a stock Ibm Aix 4.3.2 or later? This thing is driving me crazy. And if i
install Ibm Netscape 4.7i, it works dont ask me why. I tried changing
netscape startup scripts, preferences, everything .. no good.

Pedro Rodrigues

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Netscape ES2.0 search and international characters

We have the following two problems with the Verity search engine that
comes with Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0:

1) How do we configure the search engine to search on substrings.

2) How do we configure the search engine to handle international
   characters such as the danish ae, oe and aa (that is æ
   &oslash and &aring) in the search expression?
   (I know it can, because there are some sample files demonstrating
    how to implement german and french characters).

Have a good day
  Soren
--
Soren Juul Moller                          Danosi A/S

(+45) 4489 4959                            DK-2750 Ballerup

2. Creating and using /dev/apm_bios

3. telnetting & international character sets

4. Windows 95 is not that great, but Macs sure SUCK!

5. UNIX and international character sets

6. Performance problem after recent upgrade

7. Printing International Character Sets

8. Solaris Shell account

9. Apache 1.3.9 and International Character Sets..

10. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

11. NetScape Plug-Ins for AIX

12. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

13. Curses Alternate Character Set in AIX