restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

Post by JM BOUCH » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 23:24:57

hi,

does anybody can tell me how to restore a mksysb tape of a rootvg
containing jfs2 filesystems to an other server, an tell the restore
procedure to restore with jfs filesystems ?

regards

jmb

restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

Post by Mark Taylo » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 01:12:57

the files are stored in backup file format (.bff), so you can restore to
a jfs file system ok... (*depending on size of the files that is* and
whether your jfs filesystem is large file enabled etc...*)

mt -f /dev/rmt# rewind
restore -s4 -xqvdf /dev/rmt#.1 ./directory/filename

or

restore -s4 -xqvdf /dev/rmt#.1 ./directory

Rgds
Mark

restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

Post by Anthon » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:14:55

Yeah, use Storix instead of mksysb. It will let you change the
filesystem type and just about anything else. Download a copy from
http://www.storix.com.

> hi,

> does anybody can tell me how to restore a mksysb tape of a rootvg
> containing jfs2 filesystems to an other server, an tell the restore
> procedure to restore with jfs filesystems ?

> regards

> jmb

restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

Post by Dappe » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:58:32

I have had a lot of success with sysback as opposed to mksysb....sysback has
a lot more flexibility......

And it is IBM....go big blue....

Dapper....

none of us would be working if it weren't for IBM....and the fall of DEC of
course....

Post by Anthon » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 01:47:46

> I have had a lot of success with sysback as opposed to mksysb....sysback has
> a lot more flexibility......

> And it is IBM....go big blue....

Yea, and Storix was written by the same person that wrote Sysback, but without
IBM process constraints. Freedom can be amazing.
> Dapper....

> none of us would be working if it weren't for IBM....and the fall of DEC of
> course....

> > Yeah, use Storix instead of mksysb. It will let you change the
> > filesystem type and just about anything else. Download a copy from
> > http://www.storix.com.

> > > hi,

> > > does anybody can tell me how to restore a mksysb tape of a rootvg
> > > containing jfs2 filesystems to an other server, an tell the restore
> > > procedure to restore with jfs filesystems ?

> > > regards

> > > jmb

1. Mount of AIX jfs2 filesystem on Linux server extremely slow

I am trying to mount an AIX jfs2 filesystem as an nfs mount onto a
linux server. The fs does mount but takes close to 2 minutes to mount.
Am using the following on the /etc/exports file:
$cat /etc/exports
/govind -ro,root=cairvcnwad002,access=cairvcnwad002

On the Linx server I am doing the following:

mount: no type was given - I'll assume nfs because of the colon
mount: trying 172.31.1.17 prog 100003 vers 3 prot tcp port 2049
mount: trying 172.31.1.17 prog 100005 vers 3 prot udp port 32807
apollo:/govind on /mnt/delta type nfs (rw,addr=172.31.1.17)

I have tried using the -tnfs option too, still the same response. Also
tried without -v, with -n, -o tcp,bg,hard...still no luck.

Help please.

2. Q:Trouble with keyboard on OSE5

3. blocksize of jfs2-filesystem

4. hda errors?

5. How to use JFS2 at creation of / (root) filesystem?

6. Ensonic Audio PCI and IDE Zip

7. 2.5.36: Software suspend fails with JFS filesystem

8. Problem with man..

9. HOWTO: r/w JFS filesystem on diskette

10. I-Node question for JFS Filesystem...

11. Filesystem benchmarks: ext2 vs ext3 vs jfs vs minix

12. Looking for info on JFS filesystem

13. AIX 4.1.4.0 maximum JFS filesystem size