Help: Man pages don't work

Post by Ola Garsta » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have installed Aix 4.3.3 but the man pages don't work.

The man program is there, but no subjects are found.

E.g. "man tar" says "no man pages for tar".

I guess some package isn't install, but what package?

Help: Man pages don't work

Post by Who Knows » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Install the packages containing the man data from the documentation
CD's.

> I have installed Aix 4.3.3 but the man pages don't work.

> The man program is there, but no subjects are found.

> E.g. "man tar" says "no man pages for tar".

> I guess some package isn't install, but what package?

Help: Man pages don't work

Post by Jan Muench IT Services C5024604 Solutions GmbH Chemnit » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> I have installed Aix 4.3.3 but the man pages don't work.

> The man program is there, but no subjects are found.

> E.g. "man tar" says "no man pages for tar".

> I guess some package isn't install, but what package?

hi ola

in aix 4.3 the manpages are not "real" manpages.
there are htmldocs, from which the manpages will be created.
for the working of the manpages you should at first start the
documentation search service.
how it starts ist described in the installation handbook
after this the manpages should work

regards jan

Help: Man pages don't work

Post by Instech In » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have installed Aix 4.3.3 but the man pages don't work.

> The man program is there, but no subjects are found.

> E.g. "man tar" says "no man pages for tar".

> I guess some package isn't install, but what package?

  You should install the AIX 4.3.3 base document cd-rom and choose the
bos.html.* fileset

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Help: Man pages don't work

Post by Gerlinde Buy » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Dear Ola,

Take the 2 CD's base and extended en do the following things :

1. mkdir /infocd
2. mount r  v  cdrfs  /dev/cd0  /infocd
3. cd /infocd

    ./linkbasecd                             (execute when  Base  CD is
inside)
    or
    ./linkexcd                                (execute when Extended CD
is inside)

Leave the base CD in the machine, and now you can use the man pages

> I have installed Aix 4.3.3 but the man pages don't work.

> The man program is there, but no subjects are found.

> E.g. "man tar" says "no man pages for tar".

> I guess some package isn't install, but what package?

1. slackware 3.0 man pages don't work

Hi all, I just installed the "A" disk set of slackware 3.0 and have the
following problem.  When I do "man ls" (or man whatever) I get:

Formatting page, please wait...
sh: /usr/bin/gtbl: No such file of directory
sh: /usr/bin/groff: No such file or directory
line ?/? (END)

Why am I getting this and how do I make my man pages work normally?

Thanks,

Dan Lewis

2. Anybody see this before??

3. kdehelp man pages don't work

4. email from cron

5. man pages don't work

6. linux-java 5v7

7. Man pages don't work

8. how to colorize ls?

9. MAN pages still don't work in Linux Slackware v.3.0

10. Man pages don't work?!?

11. man pages don't work right

12. man pages don't work