Performance Analyzing Tools for AIX 3.1

Post by Georg M » Sat, 17 Aug 1991 22:43:32

Are there any additional performance measurement tools available for
RISC/6000 (beyond sar, vmstat and iostat)? We would like to measure
individual process performance, individual tty activity and file system
buffer cache utilization. May be there are similar tools like

    monitor
    vps
    top
    measurement system
    laser/RX

of HP-UX? All products, supported and non supported are welcome.

Performance Analyzing Tools for AIX 3.1

Post by Joseph Berr » Mon, 19 Aug 1991 11:06:07

Georg,

Your request for info on performance tools couldn't have been asked at a
better time.  We expect our online performance monitor, PROBE/X, to be
out of beta by the end of this week.  The product has been out for some
time on other UNIX platforms, (SCO, HP9000, etc).  You will not find a
more all-inclusive performance tool than this one.  We even have response
time information at the process level.

I will send you an e-mail version of our brochure via e-mail.

Joe Berry

| Joe Berry                                                              |
| Strategic Software Group, Ltd., 3402 Shelburne Rd, Baltimore, MD 21208 |

| Phone:  301-764-5668;  Fax: 301-358-2106;  Pager: 301-796-6861         |

Post by Arthur Mill » Wed, 21 Aug 1991 03:08:51

>Are there any additional performance measurement tools available for
>RISC/6000 (beyond sar, vmstat and iostat)? We would like to measure
>individual process performance, individual tty activity and file system
>buffer cache utilization. May be there are similar tools like

>    monitor
>    vps
>    top
>    measurement system
>    laser/RX

Check out nic.funet.fi:/pub/unix/AIX/RS6000/monitor-1.04.2.tar.Z

There's a really good monitor program, and the latest version includes
'top', also.

--

Workstation Lab Consultant      |

1. performance tools for analyzing java performance

I'm inheriting a project with a weblogics middleware component.
All components scale (web front end is fine, oracle backend is fine)
under load except the web logics server can't handle more than
150 concurrent users on each app server.

The app server is a V480, 16GB RAM & 4 processors.  Solaris 8,
latest patch rev, WL 6.1 SP2.

I've followed pretty much all of the best practices out there
on bea's website and am fairly convicned that it is how the
app has been coded.

What is the best Java profiling tool out there?  Anyone
have positive/negative experience with:

        JDBinsight (www.jinspire.com)
        OptimizeIT (this takes up alot of cpu IMO)
        Jprobe (I hear this is primarily J2SE)

Jrockit doesn't seem to function reliably on Solaris 8.

3. sysstat-3.3.1 - System performance tools for Linux

4. SMP Status on 3.0

5. perl 4.010 under AIX 3.1 (3003) and AIX 3.1.5

6. Local printing over lpd

7. Malloc AIX 3.1 vs. AIX 3.2

8. svgalib version 1.2.8

9. AIX 3.1 restore program on AIX 1.2?

10. New beta debugging and performance analysis tools available for Solaris, AIX, and Linux

11. gnu and aix tools performance

12. AIX Performance Tool Box

13. Can somebody recommend some performance turing toosl and monitor tools for AIX,